Metroid Prime: Phazon Apocalypse

Your engine is truely awsome. I cant say anything other than that.

how yhe h**l do you use a 3-d model creator?

• I was thinking the same thing*

woah… :O_O: :O_O: :O_O:

nice 3D-Model Creator

isn’t “Delete” ???

Edit: It would be cool if you could make a border after making an objet

Wow, I can’t wait for this game to be finished, but I can’t seem to make anything but triangles with the model creator.

Delete removes the selected object, backspace removes the partially-created object, which is when you have only a fraction of an object complete. An example of when you would need to use backspace is when you have two points of a triangle, you’re about to add the third to complete it, but suddenly decide that you don’t want to add a triangle there any more. So you press backspace to remove the two points you just created.

Since you all seem to be having trouble, press F-1 and read the controls a few more times. If you still don’t understand how you’re supposed to create models, perhaps you’d like to know that a 3-D model is just a collection of triangles. Go look at an N64 game and you’ll notice this. If you still don’t quite understand, look at the 2-D Metroid model I posted. Open it in the model creator, press shift, and scroll through the objects by pressing control. All triangles.

Edit: I got it to save into GML code now, but that’s not enough of an improvement yet for me to release version 1.02.

Well, I can tell now, model creating is hard, at least for me. What would make you release version 1.02?

yeah you need patience and also it’s fun

so far i would complete 2 simple model in 3D

Show me! Show me! please.

Something more than just being able to save into GML code… Perhaps being able to apply textures.

goes to work

Wow you must be great at programming, how do you create programs, is there a special program you need to use? (I noticed that the model creator was made from scratch since it saves stuff as .troid files, lol.)

a simple model isn’t

I would continue a model of a metroid, but i’ll need to wait for the next version

I use Game Maker to make my games/programs. And of course I made it from scratch!

MAJOR EDIT: Version 1.02 of the model creator is now released (on the first page). It can save into GML code, and it also saves into a much smaller .troid format that doesn’t mess with the colors at all (I finally figured out why it was doing that). Oh, and it comes with a ghost-looking robot thing I made.

Man, I wish I could see that, wait I can…

(RUNS TO FRIENDS HOUSE AND CHECKS IT OUT ON HIS MEGA COMPUTER!:lol:)

([size]COMES BACK TO SAY THAT THIS TOPIC DESERVES A STICKY![/size])

This topic…DESERVES A STICKY!!!

yeah it deserves more attention

Yes Sticky Please!!
Oh, I can’t run the model creator I am missing an important .dll file,…I think, lol I can’t remeber which one.

try dll.com they might have it

They don’t or I couldn’t find it there, the one I’m missing is DL3D8.dll.

I don’t need mine to be stickied. My only “demos” are just simple physics engines (if you consider engine 1.0 to be physics, which it really isn’t), and a GM model creator I’ve been working on. …Once I get a decent demo out with enemies and multiple rooms, get a team to help me make all the 3-D models that need to be made, make some original enemies and bosses, come up with some brilliant new items and weapons, etc. etc. etc., then maybe this could be stickied. But right now, no.

I’ve been working on a power bomb model since 2 days ago…well it’s a power bomb from my own PoV(point of view)

BTW: why we do need to click on “Ignore” after loading our .troid?

Edit: added 2 pics