Metroid Prime: Phazon Apocalypse

Didn’t read the whole topic. Sorry.

Game Maker doesn’t load models like that anyways. And the only model in my game is the ship model, which I’m already redoing. I do need just a little bit of help, though. Whenever I use 3-D models, lighting effects do not work properly and I am forced to turn lighting effects off. If anyone here has great skills in 3-D GM, is there any way to fix this?

has to leave for another week soon

actually u can do: d3d_model_load(ind,fname), and it loads a model, but it usually comes up with errors for me, but it works for others. just make sure u use the: d3d_model_start(), thing first.

Nice demo! Looking forward to the full version :smiley:

The link on the first page for the demo dosen’t work.

Hmm… That seems to be another problem with GeoCities. Try left-clicking on the link. GeoCities will give you its 404 error. Then hit your browser’s “go” button (not “refresh”). That works for me right now.

Wow thats so cool!! but first i imagined that was a 3d version of supermetroid form snes, because of the title, man this could be coll too, well good luck,i cant help on anything cu’z’m buzy with my SNES HERO, but i can wish you very luck! see ya!

PS:I dont like aura,she dont give a damn atention to me on icq…

It’s really good…The second version is sooo much better than the origional, and I hope you get this game down…it really inspired e for a 3d game I was thinking about making…Tho, I might not make it at all…:smiley:…I know you may never read this tho…:smiley:

Well some one has not posted in a long time is this project going to be a full game, I would love to see it become one, I noticed how it has Super Metroid in the title, will this game be a 3D replica of the beloved Super Metroid, or a metroid game with a whole new story?

Actually, troid only called it super metroid 3D cause he can’t think of a good non-fangamish sounding name.

I highly doubt that this game is going to be completed.

And what makes you think that? I’m still working on this.
I have a better name for it, thanks to DS. I’m also setting up forums.
The next demo I make will be an actual demo, sort of like First Hunt.

Edit: To Got_Metroid???: It is going to be a whole new story.

Stay tuned. I’m hoping to have everything set up in a few weeks, even with school happening. The demo isn’t going to be done for a while though.

And that is all I’m going to say about it.

The reason he said that is probably because you haven’t been noting us of progress for a while, but there you go a whole new DEMO!!!

Hola. Big progress in the last week. I’ve bolded the important things for anyone that doesn’t like to read.

I’m completely redoing the engine. Again. Only this time I’m sure it will be final, unless I feel like converting it to C++ someday, which isn’t redoing it. It’s actually not quite as hard as you may think to convert GML to C++, especially when the entire game is controlled by one object, including collisions. If you’ve ever used GM, you know how hard this is to do well. So, then, you’re wondering why I’m doing this? Well, it’s somewhat for the practice, but mostly because I’ve noticed that GM slows down way too much with instances of objects. …Anyways, the entire world is in one “GM room”, allowing you to see into the next room when the door to it is opened, thus fixing every room transition I may have encountered before. I also organized my coding a lot better, so that I can have a translucent pause screen, and it’s very easy for me to edit the different menus on it. And looking at the to-do list for GM, it seems quite likely that the next version is going to be able to load normal 3-D model files. I’m hoping version 6.2 will be out sometime within the next month.

To sum that all up in one sentence, in just one week I’ve made the exact same thing as the last demo, only much, much better (exept it’s missing shooting and the morph ball, but that’s not really a problem right now).

So if anyone feels like commenting, please do so. Tell me if you want me to post the executable file or screenshots so you can see it for yourself.

Yeah, add the .exe or at least a screenshot please!

So, this game will be your own story, or like your title super metroid in 3D, and wow that is incredible, this game sounds good!

Yes post screenies!

why not C++?
EDIT:when will C+++ will come out?just asking,they said soon

NEWS I posted the new engine test on the first page if you want to test it out. Yeah, I’m a few days late to bump the topic…

Edit: Oh, btw, if you press the ZERO key on your keyboard, you will turn debug mode on. This will show you all the important variables in the upper-left corner of the screen. While in debug mode, you can press F-12 to enter any command you want. Of course, since you have no idea how my game works, this is completely useless to you. Therefore, I’ve added these two cool things you can enter in:

env_breathe = true;
This will make the environment “breathe”

superpower = true;
Superspeed + superjump = YAY+3

That 3.0 demo of yours is awesome. I have never seen anything done in game maker so well. I envy it … I wish I could have the engine. I would pay money for that! Cept I dont know how 3d stuff works, so I stick to 2d.

Thanks!

3-D in GM actually doesn’t differ much from 2-D. The only real difference is setting the 3-D projection, which only requires a little sine and cosine magic, and making 3-D models so everything isn’t completely flat across the floor. Sure, you’ll want to add z collision as well, but technically you can do that in 2-D. But yeah, if I were you I would just stick with 2-D for now. Though I do happen to be working on an easy-to-use 3-D Metroid engine that I’ll be giving out to the public…

If anyone has trouble with the speed of the game (for example, the fps jumping all around from 20 to 60) that is because I programmed in a speed-control system so no matter how slow the game runs, it doesn’t go in slow motion (because GM does that). However, it didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to, so now I’ve made a much better version of that system that can get up to about 1250 maximum fps on my computer. So be sure to stay tuned for engine 3.1.

MAJOR EDIT: I uploaded a GM modeling program I’ve been working on. It isn’t fully completed yet, as it doesn’t yet save into GML code, but it saves nonetheless (In .troid format, lol). The only major problem other than that is that the colors get a little weird with saving/loading… White goes to black, and others go to shades of just red, green, or blue. I don’t quite understand why yet…
But anyways, here’s the linky:
Troid’s Model Creator

MAJOR EDIT AGAIN: (On Nov. 4) Is anyone here? Doesn’t anyone want to mess around with making 3-D models? :frowning: Anyways, version 1.01 is complete. The new features include:
Changing the background color
Changing the draw distance
A few graphic adjustments
Going forward and backward through selections
Using ellipsoid and rectangular prism object types
Remove the partially-created object you’re working on if you make a mistake or something
Scaling the model
Toggle “speed control” feature

Here’s the link:
Troid’s Model Creator 1.01

I noticed that while pure white will turn to black when saving/loading, a color just the slightest bit darker than white (yet still looks just like white) will save/load as it is. I’m probably not going to fix this glitch anyways, though, because the colors don’t matter much as I’ll just be putting textures in place of the colors. Just be sure to use different colors so I can at least see what the different sections of the model are by simply looking at the coding (because that’s what I’ll end up doing in GM anyways). And in other news, I made a 2-D Metroid! SCREE!

Edit: I just noticed that I forgot to mention that you’ll need to press F-1 to see all the controls.