Metroid's 25th anniversary

What would make me very happy is if Nintendo secretly bought the rights to Banjo Kazooie, and they’re having Retro make another like the first two.

But there’s no way that’ll actually happen.

Yeah, Microsoft ain’t giving that up.

Who knows? Nuts n’ Bolts completely tanked, though I highly doubt it myself, it is a remote possibility.

Maybe Retro’s working on something completely new.

But going along with the 25th anniversary theme, I would like to see a game based on the combat of the Galactic Federation troopers.

Like Star Wars Republic Commando, if anyone remembers that :slight_smile:

I fucking love that game.

Really? I didn’t find Republic Commando that fun. Maybe I didn’t play it with the right mindset.

I thought it was awesome. Bloody annoying they didn’t make a sequel.

I’m fairly certain that every Republic Commando fan feels this way, myself included. Why didn’t they ever make a sequel? I was under the impression that it sold fairly well.

Oh, and yeah, Metroid 25th anniversary. Looking forward to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sales figures were never released, so I figure that means it did poorly. Factoring in the cost of a Lucasfilms license, I’m sure it wasn’t cheap to make, either.

Lucasfilm licence?!?

They published the fucking thing, why would you need a licence to publish an ip you own?

I had the impression Microsoft published it, as it was their exclusive.

nope Lucasarts published it, its just that they were being lazy and with many games didn’t want to deal with differing architectures, so several Lucasarts games wound up being Xbox/PC only.

Or maybe MS did give them some money, a la Crysis 2, Oblivion, etc.

Especially where they left the ending on a cliff hanger.

You’d think that if the sales were good, then a sequel would of been on the cards.