My own Metroid sprites

I’m not saying hte breatplate is inaccurate, I’m saying it looks awkward and funky.

It IS inaccurate, but that’s not th epoint.

Oh. Well, as I said, I’ll work on it. :slight_smile:

XD

But seriously, the new Arm Cannon change DID look a little ridiculous. To me, the original was fine the way it was.

Uh…the way it was, it was boring and straight. I’ve pretty much given up wondering if most of you know what perspective is, but nothing-I mean, nothing is going to look like that Arm Cannon did in real life.

The picture link didn’t work…

…what picture link?

Anywho, updated Chozo Warrior, with tips and pointers from Mason.

http://img252.echo.cx/img252/3684/chozowarriorproto7ka.png

(it’s the one next to Samus. Also made the “shortbeam” pistol)

Better, but too hunched over.

By the way, Samus’s back foot looks really awkward.

As for the ‘picture’, he means the chozo reference. Copy-paste it, direct links don’t work with some sites.

He’s a soldier, he’s not gonna stand straight up.

There’s a difference between not standing straight and walking like General Grievous on a bad day. :wink:

He’s hunched at about a forty-five degree angle, that’s not like Grievous. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then he’s constipated or something. It just doesn’t look natural.

Some updates. Yesterday, I made a Chozo Guard, based on the one from the link I posted. This morning, I decided to try a “non-combat” Chozo. It’d look a bit wierd in the start of the game if all the Chozo were hunched over like they were getting shot at.

Daz is right. That is so not like the reference. The face is kinda wierd, too.

You try spriting a beak that small. >.<

The first one, with the spear, is more like the reference. Look on down the page, you’ll see a Chozo warrior with a pike standing beside an outline of Samus.

I wouldn’t try spriting anything… >.<

“Then you shut up!”

That’s what MOST people I know would say. I’m not like them. :slight_smile:

I think the reason the beak looks strange is because on the guard, it’s right against the pike, and on the other one, the beak goes right to the edge of the screen, 'cause it looks fine whenever I look at it in another file.

Update! Woot. Done lots of work since last time. I have a Chozo Acolyte, a Chozo General named Nanshak, the begginnings of a Space Pirate which was posted in another thread, and beam impact sprites.

I should probably adjust his robe a bit, but that comes later

General Nanshak, with his stolen Pirate Cannon.

Space pirate body parts. The two furthest right are the newest and best. The furthest right is a Shock Trooper, as you can see, he has an Arm Cannon instead of the Claw Arm. Of course, the one beside him is simply a standard Pirate Trooper.

dude! you’re so good at that! i wish i was as good as you. and yes i am a suck up, arent i!?!?

First update in aaaaaaaageess, at least, the first one I’ve posted. You can see all kinds of new sprites by Got Metroid??? and stuff at the website…but that’s not what this post is about. I have completed the first Space Pirate Dropship, which can be changed as needed:

The little blue box is the “troop carrier”, which the ship drops to the ground, without actually having to land itself. If we ever sprite a Pirate Battletank, that will likely be able to drop, as well. Any suggestions or comments?

Um… it kinda looks like an ice pack covered in vomit. >_> At first I thought the ship itself was some sort of slime monster attacking a building. It really lacks fluidity.