My own Metroid sprites

I lost the bloody neck and you told me to shrink the head! Anyway, I’m not changing it except to get rid of the neck, the head’s fine.

I guess I kinda miss-worded the post about her head…I had meant that her head was sideways in relation to her body, not the viewer.

How are the bloody shoulders deformed? Have you heard of perspective?

It’s not a “muscle”, it’s something that was on her arm in Super Metroid, which is the one I’ve played the most, and therefore the one that made the most impact on my image of Samus.

It looks ok, just add more detail to the body. :slight_smile:
And about thosemetroid sprites you posted,
they are a megamanzero knockoff.
They just changed a few pixils on the body.

Even if they are, the pose still works.

Anywho, I’ll post later today when I’ve done some more work…maybe I can get the right arm done today. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s wrong because in none of the official games has she EVER posed like that, and it just looks awkward and weird.

Touched up the head a bit, and added the right arm. I might change it later, this is just a prototype.

The arm should be in front of the body. The torso is still strangely twisted.

The torso thing has already been covered, and as for the arm, in that picture, since her torso is slightly sideways, the cannon would be behind the leg.

Now, after having taken all of the advice recieved her into consideration, I present you with this:

I would like to point out that the cannon is not supposed to look all that good, it’s only a prototype and I’ll fix it later. I’d also like to mention that I will add more details to the torso once I’ve got everything settled, so I don’t end up detailing something I’m gonna throw away.

Based on what you said, that is really good.

The torso is still twisted oddly near the bottom.

The head looks a lot better now.

Her legs are still misproporitoned.

Thanks for the critiques. Tomorrow’s Saturday, so I’ll be working in the yard a lot, but if I’m inside long enough to open up MSPaint, I’ll try and fix the legs.

Oh, and the torso thing was fixed directly after having posted the picture. I tend to do that a lot.

Updated again. Touched up the Arm Cannon. If this one works, I can start detailing the torso today.

It looks like a cucumber with a nutsack.

…whatever I was expecting, you can be sure it wasn’t that…

At the bottom the torso curves to the left. Fix that. People, and suits of armor, don’t bend that way.

The torso is a prefectly straight line, all the way down. If you’re not happy with what I have, here: I’ve accentuated the shadows a bit more to show that it’s a straight line.

The way it’s shaded and the way the legs attach makes it look like it still curves. Whether it actually does or not you have to make it LOOK like it doesn’t. And the torso is still too long. :stuck_out_tongue:

How’s it look with a shorter torso?

I’ll work on the, er…“cucumber”…later.

I have the first prototype for the Chozo Resistance Member.

That’s mostly some stuff I’ve been playing with, but the one with the square around it is likely the one I’ll use, or at least build off of. If you want to see the page where I got the picture that I used as a guide, here it is.

The Samus torso looks better, but now it’s kinda too square.

THe chozo guy is really cute. :3 The shading is pretty good for something so small, but his breastplate thing looks kinda awkward.

It’s also completely inaccurate to the picture. It’s a nice sprite, but not at all like the ref. >> <<

Well, considering that the reference pic was sitting down, and the fact that with its robe going all the way down as in the picture, it looks like a dress… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try and work on the breastplate…Remember: It doesn’t have to be accurate to the pic, it just has to look good. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Samus, I think I’ll take a break from that sprite and work on the Chozo mostly.