my spriting topic..yeahh.....

Lol. Just worry about learning how to shade properly, and choose the right colors.

AND NO JPEG!!! >:0

Just try and recolor the other ones. That way, i’ll see what you’ve learned.

i know its not a samus sheet sorry i haven’t rally posted anything in here for a while (like you care:P) but uhm ya heres a zoomer sprite i shared with another forum.

reminds me of m1 or m2

really? =)
the other forum said it looked like a zoomer put in a mario game

meh, kinda looks like a lego zoomer…

crap…now they are going to make a lego metroid game…

damn you nintendo! …

oh…um

…right…lego zoomer. solid lines, and square shading.

i dont know what to say, it isn’t particularly impressive, but it makes me want to go buy legos and play with them like i did when i was younger…

…i ate a lego, that was the end of them.

…not…stupid…

shutup…

hmm im gonna try to make a lego one =)

like…draw one?..or…make a lego small one somehow…

or a giant one of like a thousand legos…?

also, how do you make something animated, and put it on here?

yaknow, for like a running animation of a bunch of sprites?

here. never improving it. if i find the right colors in lego pieces in my brothers room i just might make it and take a pic.

here. im never improving it.

here what…you just posted that a little bit ago…

lets just put it this way… it could look A LOT better…

Way to be helpful, eh??

IT’S A GIF!!! NO JPEG, and NO GIF if your using paint.

Now, lets see. It doesnt look like a zoomer. The shading is at least in the right places, judging that the light source is completely to the right. But you didnt shade the spikes at all. It looks bad, almost 8bit. Bad shaping, lacking in shading, and detail.

He said he wasn’t improving it though, so leave him alone about it.

That doesnt mean i cant tell him what’s wrong with it. That way, he wont make the same mistakes in the next project. Criticism is what makes good spriters. I of all people on this forum should know that. But of course, i’ll wait till his next project before i judge again.

Keep trying :slight_smile:

Stop yelling at people so much goddammit.

Also, that looks very similar to M1’s zoomers so I don’t see what the problem is with the design >_>

But, to im_better, please don’t post something if you’re just gonna give us that “i’m never improving it” b.s. This forum exists so people can post their works and get constructive criticism. If you don’t want advice on improving something, don’t post it.

k i wanna finish that samus sheet now…but i obviously suck at the leg poses…can someone give me tips of what to do to get better at leg poses?

http://z3.invisionfree.com/MP2D/index.php?showtopic=1504

Should be helpful.

the insperation is from castle vania…and i belive its hairy pomagrant who made the zombie that partly inspired me…anyways i plan to finish this sheet, and i plan to leave the sprites tiny…

yes tips plz?

I like his hair xD

Well… lessee… you’re not fitting Castevania’s style at all. Castlevania is a slightly grotesque sort of realistic style, but you’ve got weird shapes that don’t exist in real life. Square head, straight lines… stuff like that. Laos, his head is GIGANTIC compared to the rest of his body, and that’s definitely very non-realistic. He needs a major refinement on proportions… his feet are one pixel. Also: this depends on the spriter, but if I were you, I would make lineart first, then start doing stuff with it. Until you’ve got your lineart perfected, you can’t really do anything. Or, you could go like Redhlaberd, and perfect your lineart bit by bit, but in any case, you want to worry about that shape more than anything else, at first. And your shape isn’t castlevaniaish or realistic at all. You’re lucky, cause you’re making something human, so you’ve got a really good 3D model to ref off of: yourself. Whenever I do something human-related, I’ll often look in the mirror, or stand up and move around, to see what it actually should look like. I say that, because his pose is practically impossible for a human to achieve. If you were to assume that his short foot isn’t just cause he’s a mutant, but because it’s bent in some direction, then he’d be doing a weird little Russian dance, or twisting his spine around more than 90 degrees… it’s freakish.

Summary: make him look more like a human. Use pictures, yourself, and, obviously, Castlevania sprites for models.

Even if I am grossly mistaken and you’re not going for a Castlevania feel, you still want to have even proportions no matter what universe that dude is from. If your proportions are “huge head, small ends of limbs, and medium body” then that’s alright, as long as one leg isn’t twice as long as the other, and one arm isn’t twice as thick as the other.
And… no matter what, that head looks like a lego guy’s head… that just looks funny =D

EDIT: “Laos, his head is GIGANTIC compared to the rest of his body, and that’s definitely very non-realistic.” I have NO idea what “Laos” means in this context… I think it might be “plus”, but I dunno how the hell I could’ve typoed that.

by castlevania i ment all dark and shadow-ish…im having ALOT of trouble with the leg poses…when i make him walk i want him sort of bent over with his head slightly down…

Lego =/= dark and shadowish >_>

If you want, I can ship up a rough model of what I THINK you want… it’ll only take me a minute. But I know some people are particular about making the whole sprite themselves, so it depends what you want.