my spriting topic..yeahh.....

shutup.

(just kidding thanks for the tips.)

oh, look, you didnt even have to go to my topic!

It’s a generous give, but i’d feel pretty pissed if someone was posting their work in my thread. You could have at least just pasted the running slides instead of the whole sprite sheet.

nah it doesnt bug me in the least bit that he posted i dont see how its wrong…just see thats nintendo’s samus, this is my samus.

quick leg update

edit–
is the sheet better like this?

yeah i just edited the rest out of my post…

k…it was sorta cool to have someone put such cool sprites in my topic lol…do u like the way i organized the sprites now?

edit
hows the improvement?

newest

oldest

btw when i make a a whole sheet (talking about the top ones just more of em.) would they be usable

Why arent the black lines straight???

the ones on the new one are >.>

i fixed the legs designs…they where getting pretty messy…

how “usable” are they? i know there still a far way to go…just still.

as far as i can tell, they seem to be pretty usible except the lack of running poses, diagnal aim, and IT IS STILL A FUCKING JPG!

jeez, if you havnt gotten my message already, get it!

if you have to, try remaking the sprite completely by looking at that one side by side with a blank one and copying it. and, once you’re done, save it as bmp or png…

after taking some very useful tips from a pm r_h sent me i’ve fixed the legs up again…

people are saying my samus is “unique” i think i just plain didn’t make samus’ head a little bump

and this is just a color sceme i think is sorta cool.

any comments on … well anything i just posted?
hows the omrpovement?
hows it lookin’?
is that color scheme awesome or what?:stuck_out_tongue:

It looks better now, but the shading is kinda backwards. The lighter shades should be on top, not on the side, or on the bottom. It’s getting better, but it’s still has some key issues.

what are the “little key issues?”

Shading, and accuracy. I’ll try to be brief.

The inside of samus’s upper legs is yellow. However, your using yellow as a lighter shade for orange, which is innacurate. Their should be at least 4 shades on the legs.

Orange
Dark orange

Yellow
Dark yellow

The dark orange should be in places where light doesnt hit the legs.
The dark yellow should be in places where light doesnt hit the yellow.

If you want, i can make another example.

i’d appriciate it alot if you did, i’ll be sure to give you credit when im done the sheet

hey i went to m friends house and when i went to edit my sprites from his computer i noticed the colors on my sprites wer all nasty smudged and vomity…? why???

.JPG might do that.
As for colors…

POWER
visor-000,255,000
head-255,000,000
light body-255,255,000
dark body-200,200,000
arm cannon color-000,060,000

VARIA
visor-000,255,000
head-255,000,000
light body-255,080,010
dark body-240,066,000

GRAVITY
visor-000,255,000
head-255,000,000
light body-174,000,174
dark body-128,000,128

Light and dark body are the light and dark peices of the suit.Hope this helps,and if it does I’ll get others for phazon,light,dark,and pre fully powered suit colors!

Dont worry about credit. To be honest, this probably wont be your first usable sprite sheet. It’ll be good for learning purposes though.

Another problem with fixing it is that you already saved it as a jpeg. This makes recoloring it a painful proccess that’ll take about an hour. But i’ll make an example soon.

Edit:
I did recolors on the sprite to show you something of what the palette should be, and where the darker shades should be. The darker shades are where the sun doesnt hit. The sun it above. Therefore, places like under legs, under arms, and lout of the way places are are shaded dark.

Because they are. It’s because you saved them as a jpeg. But evenso, the colors are way to dark (my example fixed that), and there’s almost no contrast in shades (contrast means that you can easily see the difference in color from a distance.
Now, i have an assignment. Use my new palette (colors) and recolor the ones with the red boxes. THis will show whether or not you’ve learned from this example.

I hope i’ve helped.

Also. These sprites are far from perfect, even with my recolors. They’re badly shaped, and undetailed. That’s not important right now though. One you learn how to properly shade, shaping will come with practice.

k… thanks. you made my samus look like shit compared to your recolors.:stuck_out_tongue: