NetMission Engine

I was going to talk with him about lighting it up just a tad. The feet are fine, at least to me. Yes, its that huge a** laser thing, but I think we need it from different angles too. Overall though, I love em.

actually prime, i think DS is as good as is in terms of color, so lets not touch that. As for different angled lasers, i’m trying to keep the attacks accurate to echoes. The laser will be fast and powerful but will be somewhat easy to dodge in a large area since it’s only a horizonal attack. Same kinda thing with the spreader, its wide and fast, but overall weak unless the opponent is dumb enough to get hit by every single shot :smiley:

Edit: 200 posts! A new rank! Fear my…SHEEGOTH?! :sweat:

The color is fine, the laser is fine, but those feet are ABYSMAL. Since when are her feet bright blue?! They’re solid black like the rest of her, not to mention your sprites’ are insanely pointy and deformed.

ok ok fine. i’ll talk to MZ if he comes on MSN about changing the feet. Anyways, I just noticed that he made the jumping sprites with with I think Daz considers to be proper feet.

The “Phazon Lazer” should be called the Metroid Zapper. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey. I just made this update on my forums:

OK. Time to get down to business and write out the moves list for each character, as well as their upgrades. I’m thinking its good to get everything down on paper before I actually start everything.

But first, a short description of the online format. Scenario: New user sets up an account, fills out all information, installs the game, and logs onto the network. Displayed on his lobby screen are his stats, as well as games currently playing. Every couple minutes the list refreshes. Stats include most used player, clan name if any, name of user, number of wins, losses, kills, deaths, games played, etc. Also displayed is the user’s rank. A new user’s rank is one. The new user looks around the lobby. He can join any games that are marked “non-ranked” or he can join any game that has a rank of his rank or higher. Every time you gain a new rank you get to choose from a higher level of characters to play as (ie. level one can use samus, war wasp, etc. level 2 can use varia suit samus, dark war wasp, etc). This ensures that play is equal.

Map stats

• Maximum number of players
  • Minimum number of players, if any
  • Are lights enabled / disabled
  • Rank of the map
  • Size of the map (ie. for larger characters)
  • Power ups activated in this map

OK. Now that we have that down, on to the list of “official” (hint hint) characters

RANK 1
War Wasp
Samus Power Suit
Splinter
Metroid

RANK 2
GF Trooper
Samus Varia
Space Pirate
Dark Samus 1
Baby Sheegoth
Alpha Metroid

RANK 3
Samus Gravity
Dark GF Trooper
Alpha Splinter
Dark Samus 2
Gamma Metroid
Ingsmasher
Space Pirate 2

RANK 4
Samus Dark
Dark Alpha Splinter
Dark Ingsmasher
Dark Samus 3
Sheegoth
Zeta Metroid
Elite Pirate

RANK 5
Samus Phazon
Samus Light
Dark Samus 4
Omega Pirate

RANK X

Here is the list of objects

TERRAIN
GF Gate
GF Bridge
Phazon Container
Phazon
Sporb
Doors
Water
Lava
Poison

STATIONARY
Growler Turret
Luminoth Turret
Sentreye

COMPUTER CONTROLLED
Quad
Rezbit
Dark Quad
Mekenobite

USER CONTROLLED
Vigilance Turret

The following are game play modes
Tag
Deathmatch
Team deathmatch
King of the hill
Bounty
Survival
Grab the Flickerbat
Capture the artifact

Controll scheme
A, Left Arrow - Move left
D, Right Arrow - Move right
W, Up Arrow - Look up
S, Down Arrow - Crouch / Look down
Q, Up/Left Arrow - Aim left diagonal
E, Up/Right Arrow - Aim right diagonal
Shift - jump
Space - attack
F - melee
Number keys - switch weapons

Finally! The actual move list. Notes: Speed is relative right now, the actuall numbers will be worked out by Darkblade. Melee move does not have to be actual melee, it could be some other attack.

WAR WASP
Movement: Fly
Speed: Fast
Basic Attack: Ram Sting
Melee: quick dash in current direction
Notes: War wasp gets two CPU’s to help it each time it spawns.
Upgrades: Can get barbed war wasp upgrade, shoots stinger

SAMUS POWER SUIT
Movement: Walk
Speed: Moderate
Basic Attack: Power Beam
Melee: Punch with gun
Notes: Morphball
Upgrades: Can get missiles and Wave Beam

SPLINTER
Movement: Crawl
Basic Attack: Spring Jump
Melee: Slash
Notes: Can burrow underground
Upgrades: None

METROID
Movement: Float
Basic Attack: Energy Drain
Melee: None
Notes: Energy Drain replenishes some health

GF Trooper
Basic Attack: GF Blaster
Melee: Punch
Notes: Blaster is rapid fire
Upgrades: Missiles, Built in arm cannon with greater firepower, jetpack

SAMUS VARIA SUIT
Notes: Does not take damage from poison
Upgrades: Missiles, Super Missiles, Wave, and Ice Beam

SPACE PIRATE
Basic Attack: Blaster
Melee: Scythe
Notes: None
Upgrades: Power Beam, Cloaking Shield

DARK SAMUS 1
Movement: Walk and Float
Basic Attack: Phazon Gun
Melee: Phazon Shield
Notes: immune to phazon
Upgrades: Phazon spreader, Phazon missile

BABY SHEEGOTH
Speed: Slow
Basic Attack: Ice Blast
Melee: Freeze breath
Notes: Impervious from the front

ALPHA METROID
Movement: Float
Basic Attack: Energy Drain
Melee: Ram
Notes: Energy restores some health

SAMUS GRAVITY
Notes: Can walk normal in water
Upgrades: Wave, Plasma, Ice Beams, Missiles, Super Missiles

DARK GF TROOPER
Basic Attack: GF Blaster
Melee: Punch
Notes: More health
Upgrades: Same as GF Trooper

ALPHA SPLINTER
Basic Attack: Spring Jump
Melee: Slash
Notes: Larger, more health, can no longer burrow

DARK SAMUS 2
Movement: Float and Walk
Basic Attack: Phazon Gun
Melee: Phazon Shield
Notes: immune to phazon
Upgrades: Phazon spreader, Phazon missiles, Phazon Super Missiles, Boost Ball, Phazon laser

INGSMASHER
Speed: Slow
Basic Attack: Smash
Melee: None
Notes: Very high health
Upgrades: Energy lob gun

SPACE PIRATE 2
Basic Attack: Blaster
Melee: Scythe
Notes: None
Upgrades: Cloaking, power,ice,wave,plasma beams, jetpack

Second and thirds are done. Can anyone tell me the differences between gamma, zeta, and omega metroids?

Gamma Metroids have a ramming attack like with Alpha Metroids, and can also use bolts of electricity. (You can make it so that the electricity can be sweeping, or to shoot straight at an opponent.) These have moderate speed in flying. Gamma’s do not have the Energy Drain ability. (you should change the Alpha Metroid; they lose their Energy Drain ability as well)

Zeta Metroids are fast-floating creatures that occassionally do a ramming attack. They can also breathe out fireballs. Energy Drain is still lost.

Omega Metroids, you can make this a mix of the one you fight in BSL and the original in SR388.

Just so you’ll know, here’s a list of the differences between the two Omega Metroids.

Metroid II, SR388 ones: Have very slow floating movements, can chain multiple ramming attacks and fire electroplasma balls.

Metroid Fusion, BSL one: Only movement is VERY slow walking, can jump high, and will perform Claw Swipe attack when close to prey.

So, make the Omega Metroids like this:

OMEGA METROID
Rank: (it’s probably five, since I can’t see it in the other ranks :stuck_out_tongue: )
Movement: Walk/Float
Speed: Very Slow/Slow
Basic Attack: Electroplasma balls (how’s THAT for shocking and burning your opponents? :smiley: )
Melee: Claw Swipe/Ram
Notes: Can perform limited hover ability, in which abilities and stats are switched to the right side of the /.
Upgrades: None.

EDIT: This game looks very good so far! I await it’s release with much anticipation. :smiley:
I just hope the game’s engine doesn’t suck…

actually, prime wrote them down wrong. Standard metroids are really alphas, and the second level is betas, then gammas, then zetas, and finally omegas.

Are you implying that our game engine will suck? Death to you! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k :laughing: :laughing:

Or just ignore Metroid 2. The Metroids were made like that in Metroid 2 because they couldn’t really make them look or act like they do in Fusion. And the slow walking in Fusion is for effect. No reason it can’t walk faster. As for draining, all of them appear to have the right apparatus for draining energy, it just looks as though they don’t do it in the games.

And yes, let’s hope that the engine doesn’t suck. If it does, the entire game falls with it. Then again, they don’t look to be rushing it or anything, so it should turn out fine.

OK NVM I found a site that had details on the metroids.

Metroid

• Floats
  • Drains energy
  • Ram attacks

Alpha Metroid

• Float
  • Ram Attacks

Gamma Metroid

• Floats
  • Energy wip to drain energy
  • Ram attacks

Zeta Metroid

• Floats/walks
  • Fireballs
  • Slash

Omega Metroid

• Floats/walks
  • Fireballs
  • Slash

Any comments on my system?

Did you go to this site? Things as big as Zeta and Omega Metroids should actually be quite fast. They were just slow in Metroid 2 because it’s, well, Metroid 2. Also, make them big. The reason they were small in Metroid 2 was, again, that it was Metroid 2.

It’s hard to make 32bit-level gameplay on a Gameboy.

Yea. Accept it was the Metroid 2 page. Why?

Because of the edits made to my above post. What was written there was just an attempt at making some sense of why the Metroids changed so drastically. It was an attempt to mesh what is easily explained by saying “Metroid 2 was on a Gameboy, you can’t just program Fusion-level stuff on a Gameboy.”

And once more, the slow walking of the Omega was for effect.

(Edited): Look here for an example of how those Metroids would look in a 32bit environment. The Beta and Gamma are based off of the 32bit ones seen in Fusion.

I’m thinking we will worry about that when we get there. Right now top priority is getting out the physics demo. Of course I cant even work on the game until I get a new computer.

Works for me.

I have just read on the M:NM forums that Net misssion is officialy dead. Prime doesn’t want do do coding all day long.

Edit- One of the team members is asking someone about being the new programer, so there still is slight hope.

Flase alarm. Nothing more than a sick joke by Prime. (I swear i’m gonna kill him…as soon as he gets the game finished :wink: )

My words exactly, “A SICK JOKE!” Next time he does that I will have to go after him.

Well, it’s been a while since we made a update for net mission here. Well, here we go. The project went nearly dead after prime got this programming job and didn’t want to be working on this after coming home from programming all day long. That meant we had to find a new C++ programmer and fast. Amazingly enough, one found us.The guy rules at C++, and a hell of a lot more. DeveloperZero as he is called has made some big changes around our project. he has redone our forums, created us a sweet looking new site layout, which is now located at
www.metroid-net-mission.tk , and is currently working on M3: Metroid Map Maker.

yes, he has become our savior. It rocks having a full time programmer. The project will really pick up.