Pomegranate's "Arts"

bump bumpity bump

butch encouraged me to get off my ass and make a font. here it is. [i like the mini @ sign ^_^]

also, an update on my 8 bit hunter sprites. weavel included :slight_smile:

c+c plz? =P =D =) :slight_smile:

P.S. my reply count just hit 100!!! yes! yes! and yes!

more useless clutter brought to u by :

The|HairyPomegranate

yay for trace! although the only refs. i got were really crappy, so its not the best.

yay for recolors :slight_smile: these’ll be on a black background (if they are used) so, to make it more realistic, i changed this to a black background too. i really like the ice font.

EDIT

i will put this on my work from now on.

“slaughtering the beetles is fun”
-------------------------Samus Aran-

how this was made :
-----First, i went in to game maker, made a room w/ a black background, and added my custom font bitmap as a tileset. then, i went into the room and MANUALLY (this took a VERY long time) added each letter. then, i took a screenie off my comp, edited out all the useless shit, then added samus, the gatling gun, and the beetles (which, thank god, are frozen in time right before they would have been obliterated).

EDIT

i thought it would be funny to add some emoticons, so… my wish is my command

Dang, to avoid triple posting, wait till it’s more than halfway done before your posting. And they dont really look that 8bit, though they’re nicely shaped, except trace, who’s to fat. Make him thinner where he should be (use a pic for refference). Still, they dont really look 8 bit.

BTW, you should submit your your metroid stuff (samus, turrets, etc) to the shyguy kingdom.

my sheets not appearing, even though it said it uploaded correctly, and i even put the keywords in my search too… meh oh well.

EDIT

wasnt very clear, but im talking about shy guy.

its not spam because its spam. accept it.

dithering makes ur wildest dreams come true. take a look. made this in a few minutes (maybe 10, maybe less)

i was really looking forward to c+c on the fonts i made, because they’re a first for me.

EDIT

ive made a dithering tutorial to go alongside my dithering example. any who want to learn basic dithering skillz, read it… it’ll help!

mmm, not bad. I especially like the spam saves in comp.

so… did u like my dithering tutorial? :slight_smile:

and what about my fonts? are the good, bad, or ugly?

EDIT

is trace fixed at all?

and, if at all possible, i would like refrences of spire, noxus, and kanden.

return of the spam! with even more spaminess.

utterly disgusting, isnt it?

and yes, i know… even though i said “dont make the outline all half-assed”, etc… well, i kind of like it now :slight_smile:

The font looks good. The only problem I have with it is the spacing. I t _ l o o k s _ l i k e _ t h i s .
Did you know that the human brain recognizes words as images? The brain will only read the words that it does’nt know. That much spacing will give you a brainquake after a while.

Try to make a font with 5x5px and only capital letters. Great practice.

well… so, is there a way to fix the existing one?

i’ll get right on that 5x5 font :slight_smile:

EDIT

finished…

oh, and is my dithering leet yet?

1337? Well, I don’t know. But I can say that it’s good.

I made this for you. It shows how you should use the variations of dithering. There should be a white piece to the right, just like the black one to the left. I really need som coffee now.

Try to make all the letters 5px high and 5px wide.

thx for the example… i can tell it’ll be a HUGE help when i need it :slight_smile:

here is the font, all the letters are now 5x5

btw, i made the alt. color for white/light backgrounds. thats y ones on a black and ones on a white.

i dont understand why they all have to be 5x5 though… i mean, most fonts dont use the same sized letters…

heres a sig i made :slight_smile:

those are pomegranates btw!

suggestions and comments?

it looks bland to me, what should i add?

I think you should animate it. Make the pomegranates dance or something.

Maybe add another color. I also just wanted to point something out about your spam cans. I like them… a lot, but if your going for perfection then the S and possibly the M would have to look a little curved like the can. It’s not real noticeable the way it is now, but I thought I’d point it out.

The tiny leaves on the pomegranates could stick out a little more, and “pixel” could be spelled correctly. And… For something to add to it… How about making it look like it’s purple wood or something?

alright! here we have all the poses of the dancing pomegranate,

and the can of spam with curved lettering. it also has the spam star.

b4 i make the dancing animation, i was wondering what color i should change the lettering on my sig to…

i was thinking green, but i dont think it would go well with red/blue. whats your opinions on the matter?

ta da!

Lol. MTHRFKING AUSUM!!!

yeah i know =)

i also wanted to do something with their feet… but it would be just too many frames =(