Redhalberd's Shwag

Im leaving for GYLC a global youth leadership conference tommorow.

Chances are I wont be able to log on for about 3 weeks.

I would post some WIP, but I’m trying to keep this sweet and to the point.

Hope you guys do fine without me. peace.

flees

Damn. Right as I get back, too. D:

theres better troopers? where… i never saw them…
oh, and goodluck :wink:

Yeah, I’m back from the conference, but I’ms till in new york, and sadly can’t sprite due to computer constraints. This new Metroid prime 3 bizz is really getting me reved.

Yeah. I felt the need to take another stab at prime. I dunno what I was doing, but I just sorta starting trying something original to refine my shading. I can’t let nice shaping and decent pallette make up for crapping shading anymore.

How’s it look so far?

edit: NEEDS WAAAAY MORE CONTRAST

you nailed it right on the head… thats what i was gunna say xD

Yeah, the Metroid prime died.

DARKHAMMER!!!

I’d say it isn’t too bad so far, despite incosistencies in shading.

CC.

Pretty nice, though I wouldn’t have recognized it. The head looks too much like a fleshy lizard head, not a helmet.

i was thinking lizard heading because i dunno who dark hammer is, nor what he looks like >.>;

aww red are you ignoring the avatar i posted for you in the thread? ='/

??? What avatar goes to check.

Ah, I see. Metal’s never been my fancy, but I’ll give it another go. I’ll go get a pic of it.
edit: New one on left.

the neck looks a little too long. for metal, use less shades and more contrast. dither when needed; when you dither with gray it’s not as visible as with other colors, ive found.

Hmm, that’s interesting. I’ll give it a go.

For metal, use 3 or 4 really dark shades, 1 medium shade, and 2 or 3 really bright shades. Or something in that sense.

well, thats the method i used for my guy here and i thought it turned out pretty badass.

you should try both of our methods and see which one you like more =)

hmm thats wierd. is the link bringing you to a search page or is that just me?

edit

i’ll just link the page from my thread its on. i really dont want to post the actual thing here cus that would be kinda rude posting your work in sombody else’s thread >.>;

I guess I see, though I’m not looking for super shiny brand new spankin armor. Just sorta dusty, been sitting around in an ice temple waiting for link sort of armor.

@Pom: Yeah, I remmeber that, I’ll try referrencing it.

edit: Since when did Imageshack darken whatever you upload? >_<

Yeah, I made the head bigger (I think that fixes the neck problem. Also cleanup up here and there.

Its a mini-boss in Zelda Twilight Princess.

looks good Red keep it up.

Update. I don’t think the hands look too bad. I’ll prolly make a couple more poses, and a spinning animation.

Pirate Aerotroopers for your viewing pleasure.

I don’t think I did too bad, though I think the palette and style could use a couple tweaks. Its also a tad too large, but I can fix that with the legs.

CC 4plz’z.

The one on the left is Dazuro’s old one, and on the far right is Dazuro’s Pirate trooper (style and size ref).

accurate. but that’s expected with a model right next to it lol

Pretty sweet, I think a lot of the game’s graphics could use a good update. the model refs i can get would guarentee quality too lol.