Redhalberd's Shwag

Just wondering, but where the hell are the comments? Daz is the only one who’s seen my Rundas.

BTW, since I just got the game, expect more stuff eventually.

He looks a lot better, but his whole upper torso feels kind of flat, like he’s a cardboard cutout. The shoulders are the worst offenders.

I actually don’t mind it, then again, I never was good at sprites myself <_<. He looks a lot better on a dark background. Try putting him on a black BG.

Hopefully fixed.

I also made him thinner (after playing the game, I realized that rundas wasn’t so wide.

BTW, is there a concept art for Rundas’s PED suit? I’d like to take a stab at that.

I’ll sprite Ghor after I beat him in the game.

Nice Rundas sprites, Red. Been a while since I have seen your stuff. Keep it coming.

And, uh … oh wait. You have not played the game. I was going to ask if you were planning on spriting the GF Demolition Troopers, but … heh. I doubt you will find any screens of them …

I have the game, I’ve played it. >_<

I’m not up to the demolition troopers yet. I just got to Elysia, so It’s safe to sprite ghor now.

I’ll do his outer suit after I finish this one, probably after I beat him ingame.

BTW, inside the seed was amazing. It was so atmospheric. The boss was pretty good too, but somehow not as epic as I expected.

I’m sorry, but I don’t like Ghor so far. Like, at all.

His lower legs are completely off–i’m not sure if you’re trying to make them look like two parallel bars or one wide uncolored one, but neither one looks like the ref.

The upper legs are covered by flat panels, but yours look soft, curved, and almost fabric-y.

The upper body just looks really soft and the head isn’t even close to recognizable, though I don’t know how to change that.

Ah, I see what you mean about the upper legs, but I hadn’t started working on the lower legs yet. As usual, Metal isn’t my Forte, but I think it looks better now.

I actually havent’ done ANYTHING to the waist yet, so that’s still Under construction. Hopefully the legs look better now.

I also edited the head a little, better?

Also fixed the shoulders.

I can’t help but notice that you have a strong tendency to make really stiff poses.

I guess I do, but I when I sprite, I never really have a specific position in mind. I just make it in a generic pose, but since I rarely/never animate, I guess I’m not used to fluid positions.

But I like it better that way. It’s easier to make a stiff pose look accurate, and it’s easier to make more poses off of that one.

“Easier” is hardly an excuse.

Well I basically mean, that STARTING with a stiff pose gives you pieces to work with. I don’t want any major overlapping pieces on the first sprite, so I usually seperate the arms and legs a bit more than necessary.

But If it’ll make your day, I’ll make a more comfortable pose afterward. ^_^’

Finished…ish.

Hows it look?

Ye gods, the pose is horribly stiff. Even for a robot, it just looks terrible. Samus may have a stiff stance too, but at least it looks natural. Rundas’s is a bit too T-spread, but still fairly ‘real’. Ghor, however, looks just… yugh.

As for the actual sprite… I don’t know. He looks too ‘soft’. His whole shoulder-arm segue looks way off. His arms seem too long for his legs. His legs don’t look Ghor-y at all. It’s just really, really not even close to your usual quality. :\

I really don’t know what you mean by “STIFF”.

It really doesn’t feel an more stiff than Rundas to me. I can shorten the arms and stuff, and the legs need work, but I guess I just don’t see what you’re seeing. I’ll give him another go, but after that, I’ll try his armorsuit if I can find a good reference.

edit: OMG wow, we can lock/delete our own topics.

Less stiff pose.

I was wondering, have people started scanning the concept art yet? Does anyone know where I can find some of it, I’d like to get to spriting more MP3 goodness.

Triple post is void after like twenty years.

So yeah, I got an email from a fan, asking me to do some MP3 sprites (since I did sorta “avoid” spriting anything from MP3).

But honestly, I owe it to Metroid sprites in general to do SOMETHING. So yeah, I’m going to give a stab at Beserker lord. I can technically get unlimited screenshots with the picture option in MP3 (take pictures, then take photos of those pictures), but if you have any good references or pictures of your own, please post them.

So yeah, look out for that.

And Stab me if I don’t post anything soon.

Since Brawl’s coming out in like a month, decided I’d warm up so mabye there might be a almost slightly partial chance that I might actually sprite something.

Im actually not that rusty. Whatdya think?

dies of pure awsomeness

I only think you should work on internal anti-aliasing. The sudden, blatant shift from dark gray to light gray bothers me.