Redhalberd's Shwag

Fix contrast by adding shading.

There’s too much contrast, and no shading, but you can probably fix them both in one process.

I reread it, i think i get it now. So there isnt enough shading, or not enough contrast?? Anyway, i tried fixing up my commando sprites. Its the visor that bothers me. Is still too big, or does it look more accurate. All i changed on the ship was adding the tentacle thingys.

Is the problem too much, or not enough contast???

all i can say is… add more shades. by saying earlier that the shading was too visible, i mean that it doesnt have enough shades. if u added more the shading would be less visible. you might want to make it a little bigger too if you want your pirate to fit in it =p

Ah, i think that fixes the problem.

It does a sloppy job of fixing it, but that’s the right idea :astonished:

i would say maybe 10 shades…

that may be too much, but i think it would do the trick.

also, make them an even increase in brightness. i noticed that some intersections are way more noticible then others.

I fixed half the ship, so you can see the difference.

Srry, i havent been on in a while, but i dont really see the improvement. It does look cleaner here and there, but the orange on the lights looks a little too contrasting. But other than that, you just evened out the colors a little.

thats what the example was for… evening the colors. thats what we all meant when we said “zomg the shades”, etc.

Well, I thought that it would look better if I made the lights look more realistic.

Yellow light + grey-brownish ship = orange on the edges of the lights.

EDIT:

I just made an example of how it would look if you fixed the colors, since you don’t like edits of your sprites. That’s why there’s no big difference from your original.

But i guess the colors look alot better. Im still adding more shades, but id like to move on to the sideways sprites. Ill post them when they’re satisfactory for criticism.

Hey, I really like the pirates up there… camando pirate =) your getting a lot better, keep it up

Here are my running sprites for the commandos. Pretty sweet if you ask me… but your not asking me, im asking you. What do you think?? They arent done yet, but i had to post the progress. I havent added the back flaps, and some of the red muscle is sketchy, but other than that, i think it looks good. I also did some visor improvements, and made the torso less bulky. What do you think. CC plz.

its a bit choppy but i like it. could you post it with it going a little bit faster?

And if you held him by the head, this is what the animation would look like.

Definitely still rather choppy. It doesn’t look very good the way he goes up an extra ~5 pixels all in one frame and drops back in the next.

MMcCoy, how did u do that without the sprite sheet? wouldnt u have to take a screen of it frame by frame?

Hopefully this isnt too fast. I still think the background color doesnt do it much justice, so ill repost it in a better contrast.

Mccoy, Commando’s (3d space pirates in general) have freakin weird legs, with 3 joints. So when i use normal 2joint running styles, it gets difficult to decided which direction the leg should be longer in, horizontal, or verticle.

So should i adjust the legs, so he doesnt move up and down so much??

I made some adjustments on the legs. Hopefully, this looks a little cleaner. But i can always go back in to see what else i can do.

Lol, commandos never even run in the game.