samus engine test!!!!!!!!!!

its the computers…they are fighting back looks around suspiciously, just look at it, my paperclip just said i was wrong, see…SEE!, well anyway, zip it, that ussually helps, but first try and resave of course

Also, try putting it in a flash drive and using another computer(libraries and school computers work well), as the problem might simply reside in your own computer system.

Yah use a libray a school computer will just bite you in the ass!

also, good news, i learned how to put my stuff in code now

How? your not even registered are you? And I tried zipping my engine, but it failed once again. I think its a problem with Host-a.net. Ill try a different site…

no its actually ur engine…LOL
and plus doesnt matter if you are registered or not…

Smartdude47: Yah all you have to use is an action decoder. I have those if you want one smartdude

shit, you could have told me before!, lol, i already stuffed my brain with learning code, and coded it bangs head on desk, oh well, lol

Actually its better to learn gml ^^
GML!! GML!! GML!! GML!!

yeah, now i am learning to make transparent stuff and so and forth, fun fun, lol.

The reason the file was corrupt is that host-a.net wasnt uploading the entire file or something. Here, I used a diff. site it should work now. Its a dumb site, I know. If it dont work, Im gonna hang myself.

http://www.uploading.com/?get=LNU07Y7C

EDIT- Hey, i started a new page. What do I win? 8D

no offense, but i needs a lot of work, in a different way than mine.

the graphics are good, and rain is cool, and you can shoot missiles, but everything else in the code, and sprite changes need to be worked on a lot, you cant even spinjump.

just make sure to be organized, i started mine with blocks to make sure code was right, and then worked from there, i would advise the same to you.

W0w took me a while to find link!

Serus- I sent you PM, please tell me what you need me to do for the game.
Im currently learning how to sprite also, and ill be making a sprite thread soon after, so maybe I can do some small sprites as well as programming.
Look at beginning of the “can I help in any way?” topic in FAQ, I can make small things lik that for now.
Big stuff later on. Maybe some BGs. And, uh, can you give me a better host site? The one I used was…I dont even know how to describe it. But at least
it worked unlike the acursed Host-a.net throws dart at poster of Host-a

so you want to be a programmer?

if you want to make the engine, you can, im fine with that, i just think only a single person should work on the direct samus engine (of mp22de), while others work on programming of enemies and such. so which would you like to do? i dont mind either way, only catch is, if you program main engine, you have to work from your stuff, i dont share my stuff before finish (sorry). good to see you started though! :smiley: work on getting in the spinjump, and making accurate missile!

I will probably be doing cutscenes, special effects, and possibly some small enemy AI.
And…I would love to build the levels. Of course, I can only do that if you guys get me the proper sprites.

yeah, im just building the engine with other sprites for now, i will change a couple values and masks later shrugs, also, go ahead and put some enemy programming with gamemaker, that would help, i could do it too, but you do it, make it extremely organized and specific please, i like my engine to be that way, if it is not, then i will rewrite the enemy code. also, start with simple enemies and work your way onto harder ones (start with crab, that is extremely easy, then move on to stuff like space pirates, and metroids (not directly of course)

right now i am just now finishing up the aiming process, and good and bad news!!!

good: there will be an aiming button!
bad: by pressing up and right, you no longer run while aiming upright, you have to press aim button to aim diagonally) THIS IS ONLY FOR NOW, I WILL CHANGE IT WHEN I BEGIN TO NEAR FINISH!!!

anyways, it is better that way. for programming, and for players

Maybe you can work on it alot more and fix that problem up.

lol, i just changed my post to say it was only for a little while right before you posted, lol, it makes you look stupid! lol, sorry :cry:

anyways, i plan on it, i just really meant for the new test engine that is coming out.

so… about this new engine… will it come out very soon… like in 2 minutes? :smiley: