Speed booster

but ! but !.. Sonic adventure is a game where sonic run a lot! they made possible! please tell that is possible!

You’re talking apples and oranges, or, metroids and hedgehogs if you will. Those games

are completely different, so they can’t be compared. Besides, like others have said,

redesigning a game’s layout for one upgrade is just asinine. And SM was on a 16-bit

system yes, but I doubt you know what that means- all the “bits” are are the colors the

system can support. So, if anything, higher “bits” would slow down gaming. Also, SM is

in two dimensions, and MP is in three. In MP, every angle of an object’s skin and

model, along with rendering code has to be preloaded into every room. In SM, there is

one view of every sprite, not thousands, so loading is much altered, and speed boosters

become conceivable.

so…you basic saying that dont want the speed booster unless the game is in 2d?

they would not need to redesing all the places to suport the speed booster,they could make a few rooms that are large engouch so you can run or the lava lakes as i spoke yesterday

just think a little in what i said i dont want to fight we are two fans of metroid :smiley:

Personally, I’d rather not fight, also. What good is calling someone a ‘n00bz0rz’ if you

can’t drive your point home? I can’t throw a punch at you through my cable line, and

you can’t either. But, yeah, we can debate our points, even if the speed booster is

basically, well, umiplementable (thats a word, right?)

And no, I don’t care what dimensions the game is in, but the speed booster is

incomprehensible in a 3D game, without being forced and restricted far too much.

Knux, give it up. I’d love to see it as much as you, but it can’t be done without some serious rennovations I highly doubt they’d do.

we are two zoomer and have 27 posts hehehe

ok back to debate,its iplentementable because, when you get out of morph ball you control samus for a short time, they just have to make this with a little more speed,and if you hit something or a wall you stop runing and lose you speed and have to run all over again to gain the speed again…man i see how would look like on my mind and is very cool

edit:
ok ok i get your point, for me this discussion is over…(but i dont agree)

Uhm…

There are several things flagrantly wrong with that.

First of all, look at the size of Samus’s arm cannon. Then mentally put her arm inside it. How much space for actual weaponry is left? See? It’s a wonder that it can actually fit so many beams into that housing. Destroying mountains?! Huballa-wha?!

If Samus had a gun ten times the strength of an A-bomb it would be ridicoulously unwieldy even with all the advanced technology. The Power Suit doesn’t make Samus as psysically strong as Superman or something like that. She’d never be able to lift the gun. Plus, if she actually managed to fire the damn thing, she’d incinerate herself in the backblast if she was within a mile of the impact point. There’s a reason you don’t use heavy arms (rocket launcher etc) when you’re inside a narrow corridor…

Anyway, back on topic… no, a speed booster is a horrible idea. What are you going to use it for? It’d be easier to leave it out. Everything the suggestions that people put forward make it able to do can be done with another item.