Super Smash Bros Brawl

Well, I don’t mind little changes or updates, such as Link’s spin move or boomerang, I just hope that they don’t do radical changes. For example, I like Fox’s “Up B” move. In fact, it’s one of my favorites, so if they were to, say, make it only go straight up or something, that would annoy me to an extreme degree.

But he meant visual updates, and changes as far as balance. But from the videos, I can see no visually noticable changes in the characters movesets.’

edit: Other than link.

No, his exact words were about their movesets being modified to keep them fresh.

I think Samus’ Screw Attack can be used more than once in succession. That’s a nice tweak.

Well, if you have a Screw Ball, your first two jumps turn into screw attacks automatically… it might just be that.

Fox doesn’t look like a fox. He looks like a crazy pedophile dog/cat thing that’s staring into your soul.

Those huge eyes are scary. Whoever thought they should use the Command version ought to be shot.

Has Fox ever truly looked like a fox? I’m just hoping that they don’t do a massive overhaul and make his moves completely different. A few tweaks here and there I can handle. A massive overhaul would just be a total buzzkill.

Well, he has his blaster out permanently in Brawl, so, I think he may use it to pistolwhip people (which would be awesome).

Stage Builder :O_O: You can send them to Nintendo and they’ll pick one from all submissions and send it to everybody’s Wii daily.

Stage Builder = Endless Stages for all Eternity

Assuming they don’t mangle the gameplay or leave out critical characters, this’ll be the Ninty game to end all Ninty games thanks to that…

That sounds like it’ll get stupid after a few weeks. >_>

Way too limited of a level editor. I wasn’t expecting users to be able to model and texture the whole thing and add events and lighting and custom stuff or anything, but placing blocks and other predefined objects on a giant grid is never any fun.

Do you honestly think so?

When you’re used to programming your own shwag, I can’t blame you for wanting more, but EXPECTING even a stage editor from Nintendo would have suprised me.

Brawl would entertain for the next 5 years, becasue Melee did, even without the stage editor and online play. It’s not like you’re ONLY going to be playing on stages you make yourself, and the amount of variety really suprised me. You can actually put spikes and god knows what else in the stages. You might even be able to make your own adventure level, since they said there’s no limit on the size.

As far as smash bros, as stage editor is a great addition, and I don’t see why you need to be able to create anything much more elaborate than that.

I don’t think so, honestly. I’m a low-level mapper for Star Wars: Empire at War, and their map editor only allows you to put items on a grid. However, this makes it a lot of fun, considering you can do all sorts of things to make you chuckle in the actual game. For instance, you can just have a couple of space station blow up for absolutely no reason whatsoever. It’s just kind of funny to start playing a map, and all of the sudden, half your base is blown up by a Y-wing attack. Stuff like that makes the entire thing fun to fool around with. Imagine, starting a game on a custom map, and then just falling on spikes right below your spawn point. Or maybe landing on a sensor bomb once you spawn. Things like that will make me want to make levels for a long time.

I guess my wording wasn’t the best, Red. I wasn’t expecting a stage editor from Nintendo, at all. I was just reading through this topic without thinking about the fact that I had missed three days of Brawl updates, and I noticed that there was stage editor. It was then that I started having expectations as I zoomed over to the site.

I can see it being horribly enjoyable in the beginning. I just don’t think the fun of the editor will last that long for me. Once I’ve gotten familiar with all of the pieces, the meaning will be totally lost and different maps will just kind of be the same stuff in a different order. Maybe it will be possible to indefinitely come up with creative new maps, but I doubt it.

It’s not like this feature will detract from the game or anything, however. I just think it’s kind of a waste of time, unless the final version of it turns out a whole lot better than what the pictures seem to show.

I just hope it doesn’t get too overhyped like Halo 3. To be honest, I really didn’t Like Halo 3. Multiplayer is the only redeeming factor. So I’m hoping that checking out the Brawl Site doesn’t overhype it for me, because then I’m just going to be disappointed.

I guess I’m particularly excited about it becasue I have a brother who I play it with all the time, so we can have practically endless replay value, as there will always be someone good for me to play against. And we can make each other stages to keep it interesting. I don’t see how it’ll ever “not be fun”, though I can see it losing steam.

I’m particularly excited for the co-op in the subspace emissary. : )

And Brawl will never reach the hype of Halo 3, so there’s no such thing as too much in my opinion.

I dunno. It’s gettin up there…But I guess you are right. It will NEVER reach the type of Halo 3 hype. Oh and a quick question: Is the release date that’s out now permanent?

Of course not. Nothing’s permanent. Hell, they could even cancel the game tomorrow for all we know.

I know that’s not exactly what you mean, but how do you expect us to answer that? We can’t possibly know in advance if they’re going to change it.

They’ve done some stupid things lately, but… <_<

Well, yes, but I just want to know, is it the release date that was originally intended, or no?