Super Smash Bros Brawl

lol, my friends were pissed to see Lyn as an assist trophy.

King Dedede? I expected him to be an Assist Trophy…

Anyway, the more the merrier. :3

I’m so glad Dedede made the cut. I’d been rooting for him forever. The game needed more villians anyway.

So all we need now are Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon Belmont if we’re lucky…AND FRICKEN CAPTAIN FALCON.

If they took out Captain falcon, I’ll kill someone, no joke.

Why? I never really liked captain falcon. He just was an annoyance. Besides, his moves never made sense, I mean, he’s a frickin’ racer, not a fighter! Ganondorf made some sense, more sense than Captain Falcon, at least.

Eh…
not exactly.
Falcon is a bounty hunter, actually. But I will agree, his moves didn’t… really make sense. And he really was an annoyance as a bot, but I’ve seen people play well with him.

True, True, but Ganondorf now covers that field, and his moves at least make some sense.

But they’ll probably change Ganondorfs moves for Brawl anyway, even if they don’t put Falcon in.

But if they change GD’s moves, then Falcon SHOULD be back in.

Yeah, Gannon had the same moves, but he’s much slower, so I hardly ever see people play as him.
…also an annoyance as a bot :sweat:

Edit: I forgot to say… the moves also make more sense fast. I mean, a sliding kick?.. a SLOW sliding kick? makes very little sense. The only move that actually makes that much more sense is the standard B punch… thing. All the A buttons and other B attacks make sense with Falcon. Up B, places a bomb on the enemy, jumps off… down B… sliding kick. With fire, but… meh. Over B, just a dashing upper cut. With fire. But meh. My point is, they all make more sense for a speedy character.

I just think they originated with Falcon, so they should be Falcons. They BETTER bring Falcon back, then Alter Ganon’s moveset, though he should play similarly.

Yeah, that’s what I mean… they shouldn’t allow Gannon to absorb Falcon’s move set. I also think they’re cutting down/altering all the clones… or at least, I HOPE they are.

Isn’t anyone else a bit irked at the fact that all veteran characters have the exact same movesets they did before? (Excluding the Final Smash…)

Hm? They basically did between smash and melee, too, aside from the addition of the over-B move. Why would I be irked now?
And Mario actually has a different down-B move.

I wouldn’t want to re-learn old characters… if they completely changed everything, it would screw up any old tactics and strategies and gameplay everyone had before. I would hate to re-learn Link… and I would hate to re-learn Sheik as well, even though I never use her B moves <_<

Essentially… they’re adding just as much (as far as moves go) as they did when they made Melee. Adding one special attack.

I’d be pissed as hell if they changed the moves of hte old characters.

Same here. That would royally tick me off if Fox wasn’t Fox anymore. I know that they changed his looks from before, but other than that, he about the same from what I’ve heard (and I’m praying that what I heard was the truth).

Exactly. It would probably ruin some of my favorite characters for me… and… well, canon-wise, a character wouldn’t randomly switch from one set of moves to a completely different one.

Um, every character has been tweaked, some of them quite a bit. >_>

I’m just saying by way of B moves. Keep in mind, I haven’t watched the gameplay videos on youtube, so I don’t know the B moves that haven’t been released on the site. Link still has the sword spin, the bow, the boomerang, and the bomb. It appears Mario is going to be fairly similar, even if his down B is different… but then again, he also has his tornado attack still… it just appears to be an A button move. So far, Fox seems like he’ll have the same moves.
…yeah, that’s all I can see from the site, soo… there you go.

Well, for instance, Link’s boomerang is different, as is his recovery spin. He has the same moves, but updated. The boomerang is the Gale version and can create tornadoes, and the spin can be charged up now.

Yeah, though most characters will not be updated. From the videos Ive seen, everyones the same except mario and link.

Sakurai confirmed that almost every character is being updated.