The Official Topic of Official Things

Haha, a washing machine THIS IS NOT A BLATANT AND ONBVIOU BUMP BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE HAVEN’T BEEN DOING ANYTHING.

did you not see tim’s post phlakes?

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK MORE CAPSLOCK

Halo 3 Rube Goldberg Contraption

and people say Havoc is showing age >_>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1FOnpzUzZY&feature=related

Havoc IS showing its age. 'Nuff said.

So…it models destruction and the tiny particles that a particle engine could do?

or DMM?

It’s all about volume of physics occurring at any given moment. Havoc runs on the CPU, which is seriously limited in how much it can run.

Think of it this way: My 480s each have 480 cores for calculating physics, my CPU has 8.

What about DMM, I mean The Force Unleashed had some pretty impressive physics, and it was a combination of DDM, Euphoria and Havoc

Force unleashed is more about procedural destruction then it is physics: Physx pwns it.

Basically, typical game has <50 items running physics at any moment.
Physx game has >2500 items running physics at any moment, some, like dark void, do over 5000 items at any moment.

No no no. DMM handles destruction (better than physx actually) Havoc does objects and Euphoria the hapless stormtroopers that Starkiller PWNS on a minute to minute basis

Physx doesn’t do destruction, only physics.

Like I said, it’s just a physics only engine, designed to simulate thousands of objects in real time: something not possible in real time on Havoc right now.

1. does it matter?

2. we’re way off topic

CMC for mod!

It’s the official topic of official things. There is no topic.

And Physx is a official thing. It fits under the ‘ect’ of the topic description. :stuck_out_tongue:

“The Official Topic of Official Things, Videos, pictures, flash, etc…”

somehow i dont feel arguing about engines fits under the “etc”

I do believe this was intended as a general ‘put junk in here’ topic.

If not, I’ll make one. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgEnN2PFzo

Four of us are online right now, start posting.

no

so’s your dick