The Team List

Ok, first of all, it was a freaking joke. Lighten up for God’s sake.

Ok, let me get this right, and stop me if any of this is off. If your life is so busy and full as it is, your not part of P2D, and you don’t want anything to do with it, then why for the love of God are you wasting your time making the damn thing? Hey, you wanna free some of your time up I got a crazy idea: find someone else to finish your engine. You have done at least I hope a good part of it, so you can still get most of the credit for it. Hell, we could make it a P2D member project, find someone to take over for ya on the engine. You wouldn’t have to work on it anymore, and we could probably find someone to make it faster: Everybody wins.

Ok, stop this conversation now before it gets any worse. You’ve both made your points clear.

Dark Samus, you don’t seem to know much about programming. If CFX would hand over his engine to someone else, it would propably be ruined. Why? Because CFX is the only one who knows how it works. Therefore, noone else can takeover his engine.
You’ll just have to wait until it’s finished…

CFX, you got any idea how far you are with the engine? Can you give us a percentage if possible? You know, we’re touching in the black here, so it would be kind to give some numbers once in a while :wink:
Plz don’t take all of this offensive, just trying to calm down the moods here…

It’s not a matter of how far it may or may not be.

You have to realize one thing. I’m making an engine, not a game, and there are several differences that must be taken into account.

Programming a P2d specific engine would be in fact rather easy, but that would kill the purpose of the engine.

Making an engine requires a conscious and hard effort of abstraction, low-level design and complicated code to ensure things will work no matter how complex the game design will be.

The planning is almost completely done, and the implementation of it is very well underway, but as I said, it still lacks optimization.

There are several aspects of the engine, that while working, are way too specific to be usable in an engine, or simply have huge performance hits if the resources they are designed to handle are too complex.

I work the best I can to ensure the engine works the best it can, but I’m still not quite pleased with it, as I’m sure it can run much smoother.

It is possible that given the sudden outburst of resource creating, I’ll be able to create a full-blown demo with all the working components of the engine, at least to their standard degree of functioning, but I can’t guarantee anything.

I don’t want to mess with some dude’s work. And, if you must insist mine suck that much then FINE. I give up. No sense arguing.

I never said that they sucked. All I’m saying is you can’t compete with Dr. Bok Choi. He’s probably te best spriter we have on the team.

so am I in…or not?

btw, how long have u beeen working on this game?

We’ve been working on this game over a year, we started in june 2004 if I remember correctly…

I don’t think CFX wants other programmers, but there are lots of other people who desperatly need programmers! Check the fangame board and maybe you can work on one of those games :wink:

:O_O: We’re actually talking about the demo here??? So if you got all the space frigate resources, you’ll make it?
Consider it done then, I was planning on making a full space frigate mockup, so if that’s complete, you got all the resources you need :smiley:

BlueKirby, feel free to be programmer for P2d, but I’m not sharing any of my lines of code. If you want to do it, you are on your own.

Decide whether you can take the challenge.

Curious as to what type of documentation if any will be distributed with the executable game files once the P2D project is complete and ready for deployment?

i finally decided to register. i’ve been following the progress here for a while already. i was reading this just now i saw the post about translators and all of that… well, i’m hispanic, i speak fluently Spanish, French and English. i understand Italian but don’t speak it.

so i was thinking… if Francois need any help on translating anything i would love to give him a hand, and i wouldn’t mind working on the Spanish version either. if there is more people interested i think you guys should make it official the “Translating Team” and let us work on it… maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

hey, just let me know and i’ll give you all you need (and i can afford to give away :stuck_out_tongue: )

Welcome!
I’ve already made a file of the space frigate scans: http://www.samus.co.uk/destroyer/MetroidPr…eFrigate_EN.zip
It’s not finished yet, but I’m already at room 13. Once I’m past the parasite queen, progress wil go very fast.
You can start by translating that in French, Spanish or both, whatever you want :wink:
Keep a eye on that file, I’ll update it tomorrow or the day after.

Introduce yourself in the “Hi, I’ new” thread :slight_smile:

done :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

i also have some manuals i’ve collected from the internet of metroid prime’s development (creatures, upgrades, scans, yarayarayara) so i was thinking maybe i could also use that to do help myself through as well. i was just cheking out your file there, looks very accurate (you kick ass! hehe). i’ll be waiting for the update, in the meanwhile i’ll give it a go to this first part.

p2d definately didn’t start in June, Destroyer. That’s when I joined SCU, and the project was a few months along by then. :confused:

Yea, it may have been a few months earlier, don’t remember exactly.

Anyway, it has been going a long time…

I put out the idea in late april, i believe. But really, things only started to pick up around June.

Because of me, maybe? :stuck_out_tongue:

MH, you can post! :stuck_out_tongue:

someone’s happy :stuck_out_tongue:

by the way i’m done translating the thing, i was just wondering when would the next update be available. i wish to finish the whole translation before giving anything away (so far working in the spanish version of it. need to get in touch with francois for the french version…)

pm me in case of anything new going on.

072’s EDIT: No double posting. This is your first offense, so I’ll let you off with a warning, but according to the rules, double posting = +10% warn.

Use the Edit button next time. :wink:

OK. I’ll try to find something else, then.

edit: There is…nothing left…they’ve all been “claimed”…SOB

Actually, I sorted out the resourses yesterday, and there is plenty of things to sprite. Tim just has to update the Sprite List.

Cool. I’ll keep checking the list.