072!

Again, at least 2 mods/admins should agree on a ban before it happens.

God, I haven’t seen this kind of a posting frenzy since that debate topic we had forever ago, and go figure, I wasn’t on during that little escapade either…whatever happened to that thing? It was a good topic, and could’ve been useful in the last couple days, methinks.

Anyway, so DF’s gonna make new rules, eh?

If I were to elect a new admin (just for the hell of it, really. No matter how much people want, the future “government” of P2D is up to the Admins and Mods), I would have to pick Liks or Rundas. Tim would also be on that list, but well, Tim, you know.

In case you could notice from my 3 posts (really? that’s all?) in this little soap opera, I’ve been trying to keep up with it while remaining neutral. Not really sure why…

I’m not about to take a side now that it’s all over, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Phlake
Daz agreed with 072

@s123i68
Rundas seems to be a favorite

i feel honored :]

I don’t recall him agreeing with Zurg’s ban though

he atleast he agreed on PY ban
though we arent arguing for that

While we’re talking about something else entirely, I would like to mention that, while we know I wouldn’t do anything retarded or evil, I would be a horrible mod. I’m on for, like, two minutes a day (if that), and I would be slow to lock topics/warn people.
<<<<Also a Swede.
Unlike if I was a Counter-Strike admin, in which case I would instaban obvious hackers and constantly check rates, 'cuz those things annoy the hell out of me. Probably hackers would get the minibanhammer of ten minutes/hour ban.
…There’s a lot less gray area in hacking =D Either you are or you aren’t.

Also,

Boring.

I don’t know about that, my clan’s General got banned from some server because he is actually just that good…

PY knew very well what he was doing. After being told to cease repeatedly by a mod, he continued intentionally aggravating him, mocking him, etc. There is no question among the staff, nor should there be any question among the members, that he needed to go. Hell, he apparently wanted it.

Zurg, on the other hand, I fully oppose the banning of. He screwed up, yes, but the grounds for his ban were flaky at best. A demotion or temporary suspension would have been far more warranted, if anything.

And as far as I know, 072 acted entirely independently on it, without consulting any other staff members. (If I’m incorrect in this assumption, my apologies–things have been hectic lately, both here and at the workplace, so I’m a bit out of the loop on things)

Just thought I’d clear that up. I personally believe Zurg should be allowed back in, but unlike some staffers, I’ll wait for a second opinion after reviewing the facts.

072, I just (read: whilst eating dinner and drinking copious amounts of water due to my throat randomly exploding. I think about random things while in pain) realized that your declaration of independence analogy was really bad. Britain lost territory and income AND people, the forum would just be losing people… as in, they migrated elsewhere.
Your example would be more like losing territory and resources and people. Like, if the people living in the resources page wanted their independence, in which case the website/forum/whatever would lose people, territory, AND resources/income/whatever. Yes, it would still have some resources, but it lost quite a chunk. And the territory (page) could be made up, but it’s a pain, as is making up for the resources you lost when you backslid from the “declaration of independence.”
<<<is also a BORED and NERDY Swede.

well technically the inward flow of resources would be reduced
the AotM thread, for example, is all volenteer
usually by normal members

less members less people to take on the artifacts

Ack! If only you would have told me that earlier. I thought you were in agreement and now I feel like a complete asshole. ;_;

Well, much too late I guess, but I sincerely apologize to Zurg and everyone I’ve yelled at over the past few days for asking Zurg’s ban to be revoked. You all have every right to hate me now. :frowning:

we dont hate you, we’re just mad at you =D

also does that mean Zurg can come back? =D

072, So one man’s opinion completely influenced your own and in a sense, you were spitting out Bull crap just because you thought Daz wanted you to? Or did you believe all you were fighting for? :angry:

The inward flow of resources, yes, but losing inward flow AND what was already there is worse than losing just inward flow.
If a customer pays ten dollars a week and then stops coming to the store, it’s not as bad as them paying ten dollars a week then suddenly stealing $100 and getting kicked out of the store.
Bad analogy, I know.

072, we still love you, and being that I’m at risk of coming up with an analogy even WORSE than the one already infested in this post, I’m going to shut the hell up now.

Edit: Combustable, there’s two reasons I’m not mad at 072 for his sudden change of heart. A. Daz’s opinion can go a long way, and B. If you think that someone agrees with you on something, it’s easier to fight for, and sometimes makes you feel compelled to fight for it. If the person you think agrees with you suddenly mentions they do NOT agree with you, the force compelling you to fight for what you were fighting for dies.

I know part B won’t make any sense because I’m doing a horrible job of explaining, but… ehhh. Sorry.

finally you break down. it took us long enough.

<_<
>_>
so does Zurg get unbanned?

It made sense to me, Cloud.

It’s good to see that Zurg will most likely be unbanned at this point.

Remember, we all make mistakes.

I don’t hate you, 072. Without you or Daz, this entire forum would be nothing but sheer stupidity.

You’re misinterpreting. I still believe that Zurg should remain banned, but since the rest of the staff doesn’t agree, I know I shouldn’t have banned him in the first place. Not in the sense that I suddenly think it was unjust, but that it wasn’t my place.

Yeah. CG, take it easy…
Anyway, 072, as said MANY times before. We still love ya. Your family, your forgiven. :blush:
I apologize for my part in causing the uproar. I did take cause much of that. But I’m assuming this means we get Zurg back? =3