VGA Awards

Not quite photorealistic yet… not to mention the waterfalls kinda suck.

But when compared to Oblivion-

Damn.

I think it looks spectacular, especially considering how large the world of Elder Scrolls usually turns out to be. I think they put a lot of time and effort into the engine. It looks great.

I can tell right now that’s not maxed out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m too lazy to install Oblivion for an apples-to-apples (aka more rocky area + ruins) comparison.

Compared to JC2, however (also an open-world game with dynamic rain/snow etc, also on consoles), and that screenshot fails horribly.

I’m not saying it’s not gonna be good, I’m just gonna be waiting for mods to make it awesome. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m guessing thats the 360 version its way to jagged to be a PC shot.

Yeah, probably, you know that the PC version is gonna lot a lot better, due to them not restricting draw distance, AA, and other stuff. Like maybe DX11 support! Ambient Occlusion here I come!

I doubt Dx11, it’s something very few multi-platform devs will use.

AO… maybe, probably only forced through the Nvidia drivers though.

Can I do that with the ATi drivers?

Not thus far. Unfortunately, relatively few engines support it.

By the way, there’s a release date for Duke Nukem Forever and a new trailer.

"You want it

You need it

And now

We’re fucking bringing it"

Can’t wait until May 3. This’ll be a great year for gaming.

has first access thing

win

Haha… I can already tell this game is gonna be awesome… and be hated for the very thing it aims to be: a B-movie.

Over the top bad voice acting: Check
Over the top nudity: Check
Over the top violence: Check
Corny lines: Check
Taking a really long piss: Check

Reminds me of how Just Cause 2 did it, and it’s awesome.

I still can’t believe that that game is actually coming out, I mean, its like: how? Why? What?

I thought that got cancelled… wut?

3D Realms was shut down, Take 2 still owned the license and all the work that 3DR had done on the game, which was sent to Gearbox who said that the game was (surprisingly) pretty close to done at the time, they just had to clean it up a bit and now the game is actually coming out :O_O:.