Wiitastic Capture Card

Alright, I’ve been doing some research, and I have been having difficulty finding anything like what I’ve been looking for. I need a capture card or somesuch device that would allow me to record videos from the Wii, particularly Super Smash Bros. Brawl videos, and then put them onto my VISTA computer so that I may edit them with Windows Movie Maker to create a most awesome machinima and post them on a online video website, like Metube.

Any advice or hints will be much appreciated, but I do operate on a limited budget and am unwilling to spend much more than $60. If you know of any alternatives to capture cards, please, make it clear. Also, I am only looking for a video one, and would prefer one either without audio, or with removable audio.

(P.S. I heard about Daz…hope he’s okay. Sorry I’ve been gone for a while, but I have been really busy lately, and didn’t have time to post. Hope I get some response with this.)

Wait! What happened to Daz? :confused: Somethings Wrong?
And I ain’t got a clue what a capture card is :blush: .

1. holy shit what happened to daz?
  2. I have a really cheap but awesome card in my comp right now. It’s internal, though, so I dunno if you want that.
    It took forever to configure, due to being made by some crappy independent company, and it lags about 3 seconds, but the quality is crisp.

You will, however, need a way to split your signal if you use anything like what I have, so that you can send one signal to your capture card, and another to your TV.

If you’re interested, I shall elaborate.

I think NK may be talking about how Daz “stepped down” from adminship for a while…not quite sure, though.

Yeah, he is. I called and he’s on his way home.

Way to freak me out, NK D=

Uh, sorry for the scare. I was referring to his stepping down, today was the first I heard of it, which tells you how out of touch I’ve been.

I’m vaguely interested in your thing Timmy, but I was looking for something a bit more workable. If anyone else has any info that would be welcome.

(P.S. On a scale of one to adequate I am an eleven.)