WOTW Sprites and Artwork

Dont add grey under the shoulder pad, add a darker orange shade. Your sprites use more colors but have less shading. Do more shading with less colors. The lighter shades of orange should be a little higher to the middle, give it a realistic sphere shade. Also, samus’s legs look alittle red. While i think it looks cool, its not technically accurate. But dont take my word, you should get help from Dazzy or butch.

I added some contract to the shoulder and add some lite orange to the legs and some underneth the shoulder pads (under arms) not to be rude, and I’m working on a U-Mos and a hologram of the luminoths of the other temple’s energy controllers rooms.
(Agon Waste, Torvus Bog, and Sanctuary temples).

Metroid Prime 3 Varia Suit

The colors of the holograms Luminoth will be easy alittle bit just have to lower contracts alittle bit not to much. I should have U-Mos up by sometime nexts week.

I add some more color to the varia suit and here it is.
Metroid Prime 3 varia suit.

And I made a Galatic trooper still needs alot of work but this is what I got so fair.
MP3:C galatic fed trooper (still in progress)

the gf trooper… uhh… [how do i say it w/o hurting anyone’s feelings?]

just no… the proportions are all wrong. nice try on it and all… but… just no.

Okay, lets just say that you need major help with shading, and accuracy. Luckily, you improved the contrast on the varia suits. Here are the problems.

1. Red looks bad…really bad
  2. Red makes legs and feet look like a mess of unorganized pixels
  3. Dont use grey, use really dark red.
  4. Shading is too square, and not fluit enough.
  5. Samus’s shoulders are too big, and dont need that amount of space between the head (or any at all).
  6. Cuz i was bored, and needed another number

The point is, download a Super metroid varia suit sprite sheet, and look at the sprites (mainly facing forward). Compare them, and see whats innacurate, and use the colors. The red on the arms and legs just looks messy. Theres not a much nicer way to put it. But hey, go to my thread, and read the first page of posts. Thats how bad my sprites were. But you need to be pushed in the right dirrection.

samus colors (to be accurate) need red for the chest & head, yellow for the abdomine, and orange every where else,except for the gun (which should be a green [you did a good job on that!])

just to be mean and nasty…:metroid: <—ZOMG THIS METROID WILL SUCK YOU DRY IF U DONT MAKE IT BETTER!!!

I did what you said to do, and I’m still working on it.

metroid prime 3: corruption varia suit

OMFG!! It looks so much better its not even funny!!..Though the shoulder blade thingys look like they could dice onions, make them less protrudent. Look at the SM samus, and make it match as much as possible with the shading (dont make it exactly the same, keep your style), but make it look more 3d (to lazy to explain).

I fix the shoulder pad blade and I will have it up by tommorow.

Edit: heres the udated one
mp3:c varia suit

and heres updated two
mp3:c varia suit 2

and updated 3

mp3:c varia suit

rate it 1-10

Heres the sprites I’am planing to make and some allready on there way:

U-Mos-very hard to get the arms
Inglet
Light lift crystal
Dark lift crystal
Light beacon
normal beacon(without a charged)
super beacon
space pirates
phazon-cancelled
morph ball
and Rundus, the purple bounty hunter and dark samus new form from MP3:C

Thats about all and I will work on these for awhile before I will put them on here and take alot of time.

The varia suit looks alot better, but the shading still needs work. The shading on the chest if iffy, and the visor stretches to far to the sides. Your biggest problem is just not knowing where to shade, you might want to PM dazzy, Butch, or MZ.

BTW, having so many projects at once is a recipe doomed to failure. You just cant try so many things or you’ll end up with a bunch of loose ends that you’ll never tie up.

BTW, i give the varia suit a 6 out of 10. At just lacks dimension.

I’m planing to do them later after I finish the varia suit mp3:c and 6 out of 10 that is pretty good but not good enough, I will work on it more.

:smiley:> GREAT progress so far! Almost not to reckognize! :smiley:>
First
Last

Quite O_O

Cool, Zolizzo, you’re from Norway!
That’s where Roald Dahl was born. Thus: good.

man, that sprite has come a looooong way, awesome job.

I have a new updated version of it and fix the visor and add some dark yellow to where the black was on the adomin mp3:c varia suit edit 4

Roald Dahl… :confused: Oh! The writer… of course… :wink: Yeah… thats right.

I have made a few pices of the left and right side of the varia suit.
varia suit edit 5 with shoulder and main body part facing left to right and the head as well.
varia suit mp3:c

Heres the new updated version of the corruption varia suit.
Corruption Varia Suit I only add color to the front view since I’m working on mp2e 2d varia suit and sorry I will not post it here. (last post was 28 of last month so if June whould have 31 days this will be the 3rd days and since it July the first takes that spot for the 3rd day.)

that one looks good! I like that one!(other than the others <_<)

the colors are all wrong, everything seems like the bright colors that you get directly off of paint bottom bar, lol