Bosks Sprite Thread!

:O_O: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

That IS our MNM Dark Samus! Bosk, you sprite stealing prick! Hope ripping off our sprite was worth getting banned off P2D, cause last I checked, that’s the punishment Daz usually gives!!! :angry:

I’ll need proof of theft first.

There’s your proof of theft. Just so there is no confusion, Net Missions DS is on the left and Bosks is on the right. It’s obvious to see that Bosk took our DS, changed a couple of colors, and from the looks of it, JPEG’d it to death. Furthur proof is that Metroid_Zapper made it in the first place, so I think he could recognize his own work.

i dont want to go through this again with like what hapened to prime, yes it kinda looks like NM ds, but its not i used that as a reference then did the rest free hand. if you dont like it then i wont do it ever again.

KINDA?! It’s practically the exact same shape pixel for pixel! I just overlapped them and they match up perfectly! Some freehand work all right. Do you think stupid is written across my forehead? Do you think M_Z has stupid written on his forehead? I think he could recognize his own sprite, despite how much you crapped it up.

Everyone, calm the hell down.

HELLO. You edited the same character from the same sprite, and said character happens to look nearly identical to the character you edited it from.

Of COURSE they’ll look similar.

The details are completely different in placement. The only similarities are the same shape of the chest lines and visor–attributable to the ‘reference’–and the outline–because, again, neither of you changed the outline much, if at all. Oh, and even the identical chest lines are PLACED differently.

Plus Bosk’s is much fatter for some reason. And it has way less detail. And more shading. And a screwed up gun.

Stop being so quick to accuse.

And Bosk, referencing a sprite is fine, but try not to copy it pixel-for-pixel that way, and if you must do that, then add a tag saying whose sprite you referenced to prevent another incident. Referenced sprites are usually used for different styles so it’s alright, but you two worked in the same style, which led to a heck of a lot of confusion.

THANK YOU DAZZY :slight_smile:

I looked back at the two sprites and, Dazzy, I coudn’t agree with you more. Bosks is clearly less detailed and (sorry, but it’s) not as good as the NM one.
Bosks is:
-fatter
-has lower chest lines
-has blue leg lights
-thicker visor
-just lines on the shoulder pads instead of detailed phazon stuff

So now, I come to the conclusion that Bosk did NOT steal that sprite. If I was not comparing the two side-by-side, I would have thought that Bosks is a great sprite. I mean, NMs is clearly better.

heres dragmortis from MN, XMegadragon did the drawing and i colored and shaded.

It’s not shaded… :sweat:

I said the same thing in his fangame topic, and got ignored :sweat: