California Prop 19

But… Won’t the price kinda go down when the process of getting it to you is less ridiculous? Presence of a tax doesn’t automatically mean the black market is suddenly more attractive.

Odds are that given the dangers of the black market product it will still cost more to procure than the product provided by the feds with some taxes. As Pom said earlier in the topic: at the moment weed is more expensive per ounce than gold. The government isn’t stupid enough to charge as much or more than the dealers sell on average, that’s just bad business.

This. Not to mention, the average user isn’t someone working the market to try and make some money. They’re just normal people. Honestly, I’d rather get my weed from a safe, government regulated location than the shifty looking dealer down the street, even if the stuff from the government were to cost a little more, which I don’t think it actually will.

To put it in perspective, a dimebag, which costs $10, contains roughly 1/10 of an ounce of weed (typically). So a full ounce is $100 (go simple arithmetic!).

I don’t think the government will charge that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

It wouldn’t be provided by the feds, it would still be private enterprise. (One would hope at least… our gov doesn’t seem to be so good at running companies :stuck_out_tongue:)

Fun weed fact #5: Growers in CA are having issues turning a profit.

But it would still be regulated by the government, making it infinitely safer than black market marijuana.

No one’s going to intentionally buy dangerous stuff unless it’s at a massively lower price.

But even beyond that is the chemical qualities. As I noted earlier, growers are breeding their crop specifically to maximize and minimize certain active ingredients (primarily, one main one produces the high, whereas another diminishes that as well as fights memory loss and has extra medical capabilities beyond preventing weed’s own effects).

But it’s still a crapshoot. You never know exactly what that Trenchcoat Dealer has. Even if it is pure weed, for all you know it could be an awesome nausea supplement with no mind-altering qualities. You thought oregano was bad? Wait till they actually sell the right product and it still doesn’t work.

Once it’s regulated, you’ve got exact ingredients and presumably proportions on the labels. That alone will be a big draw to some crowds, and a minor relief to others.

Again, yeah, not everyone will go that route. Some people have trusted dealers and such, sure. And no dealer’s going to go out of their way to produce bad crop just to screw people over. But we already pay a lot for quality assurance even if it’s the same damn product–why else can Coca Cola and Cheez-It sell identical products as Safeway, at three times the price?

Obvious troll is obvious.

U mad bro?

Somebody’s been lurking on 4chan. :stuck_out_tongue:

yes i have, but what does that have to do with anything :smiley:

Can’t the cess pool of the internet stay in 4chan and not infect our boards? :smiley:

The cesspool of the internet infested these boards the moment I became active, good job not noticing >_>

Well, at least the furry threads haven’t started yet… I hope.

hehehe, don’t worry, I think just as lowly of the furries as you, besides, that shit is not allowed on invision, and I for one don’t want to get Daz and the like in trouble, so I wouldn’t even troll that sort of shit.

And yet, for some reason, this makes me want to troll you so hard.

hey im prejudiced against large groups of people who havent done anything to me too does that make me cool can i be cool like you syntax man

Oh, har har tim, har har, most of the internet call them furfags, I try to not be homophobic, so I just content with calling them freaks. I mean that’s a really fucking depraved fetish.

also I vote to change the subject.

Can we get back on topic here? For once we actually had a discussion on a somewhat important subject with actual arguments from both sides.

That’s like… an endangered species around here.

As I recall it was once stated in the annals of the internet that each post is always more and more off topic, thought I agree that this one is actually important and we ought to give it more discussion.

Furries have a hobby, not necessarily a fetish, but ignorant asshole-ism is cool.

On topic: pot 'n stuff.
No really, I’ll edit something on topic here after I finish eating.

Edit:
@Daz: Today I discovered that regulation doesn’t necessarily work, either. Smoking happened both inside the bus terminal and on the bus, not in the designated areas 'n whatnot.
I wish I reacted a little less strongly to the smoke -_-

However, from what I’ve seen here, there’s less of the stupid “this shit’s so bad-ass!” mentality that everyone had in my home town. Then again, I’d like to think my home town isn’t a good representation of the mentality towards marijuana in the US. At any rate, it seems like the attitude towards it might be more laid back/mature here.

To reiterate: I live in Winnipeg, MB.