California Prop 19

I think younger people tend to be more pro-marijuana because the old prejudices of last generation are wearing off and we don’t want to follow in their footsteps.

I should note, however, that I’m comparing people of approximately the same age.

off topic: some of my friends are furries D:

on topic: new hampshire… most people smoke pot
old and young xD

Update!

This proposition was voted on on November 2, 2010. It was defeated 46-54%.
http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/ballot-measures/

Another interesting proposition, the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (prop 203), mirroring California’s medical marijuana act, was narrowly defeated 50-50%. When I checked this morning it was up by about 1.5 thousand votes :frowning:
http://www.azcentral.com/elections/index.php

Ugh…Don’t remind me. The entire election irritates me.

It is a shame, though. I was really hoping Prop 19 would make it. I just feel like it was a step in the right direction.

Not really, sure decriminalization of marijuana would be good, but a law that can be redacted without warning or explanation isn’t very good no matter how you slice it.

And yeah, this election annoyed me too

Christ I hate people.

Stupid people are stupid, what can I say <_<

I would agree with that.
>_>
<_<
…And that’s pretty much all I have to say. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah… people are generally dumb. Now nothing’s going to happen because the democrats control the senate, executive, but the republicans control the house–easy way to dead-stop a gov’t: disagreement between its separate parts.

It gets better.

Here, let me quote the bit that irks me.

Freaking awesome. At the very least, try to work on some bipartisan level. From the sound of it, Republicans are just going to try and undo 2 years worth of work.

LAME.

Realistically, nothing is going to be “undone,” for to undo a bill, one must pass another bill… and there’s no way that the president will sign a bill into law that undoes what he did earlier… We’ll have to wait for 2012 to see what can actually get done. Until then, it’s going to be a stand still in capital hill, especially with the teapartiers

True. I guess I should accentuate the “try” in my post. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, Congress does have priority over the President on bills under certain conditions. Primarily that occurs if he ignores one long enough – it’ll pass just because it’s assumed he would have vetoed it in that time if it was a big deal. If worded craftily enough–or if they time it right in a period when he’s predisposed–it’s possible, though not necessarily likely.

Either way, they still largely determine which bills get sent up to him to begin with. So even if they can’t actively undo everything, they can easily stop him from doing other things. Thus making him appear even more ineffective, and making his ratings drop even more. Kinda fucked up.

You can’t honestly say anyone else would do anything different.

This same loop repeats itself all the time. First one side, then the next. Now there is a ‘new side’ to get in on the loop too.

Have fun with that.

Well, when you run your whole political campaign on “change,” what do you expect? It turns out change is easier said than done. He just put himself out there and guaranteed change to the voters, and what is happening now that change didn’t come fast enough? They’re getting upset with him.

It just shows off the impatience of the American people. I know that Obama has instigated change, which is one of the reasons that I voted the way I did. Hell, I’m still rooting for the guy, even though he’s done things I hate, like cut back on NASA’s new rocket program.

It just frustrates me. We put up with a republican agenda for 8 years, during which we funded two wars, one of which was for reasons that were so ass-backwards that the administration couldn’t even make sense of it. And during these wars, we watched our economy go to crap, and all we heard in response from our republican leaders was “it’ll trickle down”, an effect which 95% percent of the lower/middle class knows is complete bull.

The democrats are in power for 2 years, during which all I remember hearing was “HEALTH CARE BILL BAD” from the other party. Now we’ve got a bipartisan legislature that won’t get anything done because, from this insignificant voter’s perspective, people are stupid.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.

“herpaderpa he’s spending money, derp”

lets see what they say when he’s successful

Except now he can’t be because the Republicans have taken over Congress.

It’s really unfortunate, because now for 2 years fuck all is going to happen.

Politics are funny.

I know, all I have to say is this “enjoy the experience of having a federal government that is even more inefficient then the idiots on capital hill here in Canada.”