Castlevania: Requiem of Lost Souls

Looks nice so far, keep up the good work. Only criticism I have is
that the graphics are old. Improved graphics would make this game look great.
It’s your game of course, but pretty nice so far.

your link for the download still isn’t working.

i am really sorry to bother about it, but the whole not letting me download it just makes me want to play it more…

…lol…like the new zelda…

…brilliant!

So we finaly broke down and upgraded our sprites. Here’re a few of the new ones.

better if you ask me, however they could use some more detail, for instance the bumpy look of the eye-peeping thing (i think it looks like a shell a little).

also, the axe-wielder looks very stiff, though you might have wanted that seeing as it is armor, however it does look a bit without depth.

the dragon looks like it will animate beautifully.

The axe knight is just a mockup pose, he has somewhat of a part-based animation. He’ll look better ingame. Plus the axe itself is unchanged from the previous one.

Peeping eye DOES have a shell… >>;

yeah, the peeping eye ussually looks like it has a bumpy shell, like so (click the one with bunches of grey stuff, it has an eye on one picture)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt…3D%26safe%3Doff

though i ussually image it being more like the scorpion shell from RE0

http://t-virus.blog.jeuxvideo.com/images/mn/1128187642.jpeg

(look at bottom claw)

anyhow, some bumps would make it look neat

That’s the only game they ever had those bumps in, and they look terrible. Every other game has a round smooth shell with lip-like lids.

yeah, they did the bumps out too far, they should be smaller adding just some texture to it, but im sure they did it in another game, let me look a sec.

anyways, some texture wouldn’t hurt in a few of the sprites.

New mockup with our brand new resources courtesy of Karasawa and I. :3

background could be better (you most likely have a different background im guessing)

character aura missing, though you had that in the video i believe, so no worries there.

i really want to see what a splash would look like.

very nice, is it going to have the save system like the newer games?

Sorta. It’ll save after each stage and might have a few mid-stage checkpoints.

nice. i see thats what you based the dude in your art thread on?

Actually, that image in the art thread is based on a design/sketch of mine from which that sprite is based. I’ll say right now though, that things seem to be moving smoothly and a lot more effects that we were restrained from using with the older graphical style are going to come into use awesomely. I figured I’d have to show my face around this topic sometime. >:D

so… is this like…dead?

i rly like this O.o

No. I’ve been away in Spain, and the project was on a hiatus.

You’ve only been away a month. The post before king metroid’s was February.

<_<

But I also said the project was on a hiatus anyway. I never said those were directly related. :E