Crysis

and the same shoot, throw, reload, hide, rush in, repeat stradegy as the first one
so very…

well it got old
fast

texture pack and new models, then.

No, that doesn’t make any sense. The 9800GTX+ is superior to the 8800 in every possible way. Faster clock speeds, more shader cores and stream processors… It doesn’t make since for a game to run on an inferior video card.

Crysis was optimised quite well to the 8800’s actual hardware. If you look at benchmarks, there’s a notable difference.

I’d still buy a 9800GTX+ over an 8800 though, any day.
Wait no, buy an 8800, I’ll take your 9800 :3

I cannot tell you how much fail is right there. I addressed this statement head on. Just because the BR is the second most used weapon does not make it popular. That just means a lot of people use it as a secondary, which is understandable.

But let me guess: the most used weapon was the AR, right? Does that make it the most popular? NO. That just means people use it as a starter weapon. Same with BR. Something is popular when you go out of your way to get one. For example, the shotgun is very popular with me and my friends, because we VALUE it the most. Tell me, do you value a BR or a Sniper Rifle more? If your answer is sniper rifle, then that tells me you consider the Sniper Rifle more useful, and will go out of your way to get it. Other people do too. And if a SR is sitting right next to a BR, I bet you’ll grab the SR.

Those “pretentious military shooters” you’re talking about are the kinda games I can get immersed in, primarily because there’s some depth there, rather than a multiplayer game with a bad storyline slopped all over it.

They really are Halo 1 with a texture pack, considering the Modding community has already made just about every weapon and vehicle from 2 and 3 on Halo PC.

Anyway, Crysis…yeah.
OH, and for the record, I still think Halo sucks Call of Duty’s balls.

you said what i was thinking
you win 1 internets

actually no, the most used weapon is the fists, and only in slayer BRs do you spawn with a battle rifle, which is like the only mode that never gets vetoed. Also if you go into any ranked playlist you will see 80% of people make a beeline for the battle rifle, and drop the assault rifle for stuff in slayer BRs, if you’d spent time in the Halo 3 community you would understand that the BR is the most popular weapon in the game, despite your comments about the sniper rifle being a better weapon, remember the is a console shooter not a PC shooter where all the guns have magic accuracy caused my the reality bending powers of the “awesomeness” that is the mouse and keyboard (and for the record, the number 1 weapon in the heatmaps is actually the fist because of the revamped melee system)

just because the SR is a good weapon and I’d grab it doesnt do anything about the 1337 h4x0r pplz who spend every waking hour mastering the art of sniping people across the map with the battle rifle

for the record Halo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CoD

“just because the SR is a good weapon and I’d grab it doesnt do anything about the 1337 h4x0r pplz who spend every waking hour mastering the art of sniping people across the map with the battle rifle”

You do realize that you just proved my point, right?

Do you not understand what I’m saying? I’m not arguing that the BR isn’t used often, I’m arguing that you stated that the BR is the most popular weapon. You obviously don’t understand my definition of popularity. Popularity is not measured by how many people use something, it’s how many people WANT something. More people USE the BR, yet more people WANT the Sniper Rifle.

Do you see what I’m saying?

Also, the fist does not count as a weapon. It counts as your fist. If I punch you, your brain is basically saying, “Ow, you just punched me with your fist, which, coincidentally, is you.” If I shoot you, your brain is basically saying, “Ow, you just shot me with that gun, which, coincidentally, is not you, but rather a weapon you are using.”

Besides, “most used weapons” in Halo are bullshit. Do you have proof that what you are stating as a factual statistic is really a fact? Because, to be honest, it sounds like you’re talking out of your ass. I know I’m talking out of mine, because all I’ve stated is opinion. That’s all it ever will be. Opinion.

For the record, I disagree with your opinion that Halo>CoD. Those extra greater than signs weren’t necessary. I think CoD is light years better than Halo.

Actually, it’s console games that have magical accuracy, it’s why you can aim 3 feet to the left of someone and still get headshots.

@PY: you missed my point, I was being cynical about all the people who wont STFU about “zomg 1337 73h c0ntr0l4r sux b4wlz ima PC g43m4r and 73h m0us3 r 73h b3s7 7h1ng 3v3r” and that it must have magic accuracy considering i can never kill people on PC FPSes (and i turn auto aim off on my console games, for the record).

and as for my most used weapon argument, i have evidence, the heatmaps, it is the second most used weapon on all the maps, unfortunately i don’t remember how to get weapon statistics right now otherwise I’d link but i guess for now you can disbelieve me all you want.

Yall Hijacked my topic. Therefore, locked. Also, for the record, Syntax, you can’t be argued with because you refuse to accept facts.