Guns

i…refuse to read all of that!

my opinion is that guns are a tool, and their properties and attributes are a reflection of the wielder’s!

yes…i made that up…you may all clap…NOW!

er…maybe not, anyway, daz is right, guns will always be there!

however, if we gave everyone a chocolate bar this problem would be solved!

I deleted everything citing the 2nd amendment, because that’s not a valid argument. “They said so!” doesn’t work.

I’m deleting anything that’s a maybe or sometimes or probably, because you’re only adressing one side of the issue. If one guy pisses a guy with a gun off, he will “likely” shoot him. That’s the other side. Guns kill people, we know that, we need to know the statistics for either side, not isolated cases.

I’m deleting the huge quote, cause it’s too long, and I ask you to explain what the point of it was. I didn’t see anything relevant to the discussion in there. We’re not talking about firearms raids. We’re talking about guns that kill people.

Now I’m going to adress everything else:

Firstly, yes, guns are inherently weapons. They were made as weapons, and when they are used, they are used probably over 99% of the time as weapons, with the exclusion of guns made for something else (which we’re not concerned with right now)

You’re right, it’s their choice what they use them for, no one cares about that. All those people that are shot each year? Whatever, it was a choice. We might as well hand out atom bombs!

I REALLY hope you just misworded that, because if you didn’t, that’s one of the most bigoted and bullshitted arguments I’ve seen in a while.
If you did misword it, and you just meant that everyone has the right to a gun, then this falls under the deletion policy of the 2nd amendment thing. Rights are granted by governments. We’re not discussing governments as they are, we’re discussing morals and people, and the way governments as they should be.

Y helo thar, anarchist. Yes, I do like my governments making laws, thank you. Saving lives is neither 100% authoriy, nor is it against the people. I don’t see you complaining about seatbelt regulations.

A wise man once told you something that you twisted, shat on, beat, ate, regurgitated, put through a trash compactor, and marketed as “Grade A Bullshit”
You’ve got NO idea how sick I am of “Well, I’m right, because you’re hitler” arguments.
EVERY FUCKING LAW starts with legislation. Gun registration is already in place, so don’t even try that argument. Confiscation and extermination are already in place for controlled substances, like drugs, or explosives.
Don’t give me your Hitler shit.

first off, i would like to say i dont believe there was ever a man, second off, timaster, you had some good points there and all but do us a favor and…

DONT BE A TOTAL ASS ABOUT IT!

thank you, we listen to your opinions, and you dont have to flame somebody, you are not an overlord, and are not always right, so dont act like it, and if you really are reasonable, and do not get pissed all the time when humbled, than please rather than comment this, simply please make better use of the forum than what you just used it for.

thank you for reading! :smiley:

Guns…The pinnacle of whatever intelligence humans had in the 1500s…

I agree, but where’s the post telling MetroidSlayer not to be a total ass?
He compared me to Hitler, is that somehow better than throwing a couple of curse words at him?
For your information, Hitler was a far worse person than your average “stupid fuck,” and his ideas were far more than “Grade A Bullshit.”

It’s bad enough hearing the Hitler argument from my brother for every single argument he makes, without knowing that there are equally moronic arguments present in this forum.
I absolutely refuse to apologize or acknowledge that I was wrong unless MetroidSlayer does it first. Comparing me to Hitler is about the worst insult I can think of.

Settle down, boys. This is a debate, not a flamewar.

we know, its not a flamewar :smiley:

i didn’t ask you to appologize timaster, i just wanted everyone to calm down for a second, thats all :smiley:

<_<

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, Dazzy and I had a bit of a conversation, and I had a bit of a conversion. I now officially agree with the following:
Taking away guns will not do much to help crime and murder in the US.

Dazzy kinda beat one important argument into my head: “People that want to kill people will finds ways to kill people.”

The main reason, I think, that I’m against guns is cause my parents are, and they are because my brother was in a school shooting. My brother wasn’t hurt or anything, but that’s only cause the gun jammed when the shooter pointed the gun at him. In any case, Dazzy told me that in things like school shootings, people will find ways to kill people anyway. If he couldn’t get a gun, he would’ve gotten explosives, or lit a fire, with possibly even worse effects than before.

Now, if you’re going to ask “Why the hell do you agree with Dazzy, but not with MetroidSlayer?” Here’s why: Dazzy argued AGAINST the banning of guns. MetroidSlayer argued FOR guns. I still don’t like guns, and will not likely ever own a gun, and I don’t quite approve of the whole gun thing, but that’s just bias. i simply now think that guns are just there, and there’s not much wrong with them that we should worry about.

Maybe I should move to America, so I could get myself tons of guns, so that I could feel safe?

They’ll still do background checks but to very little extent. American slime! (I am American sadly…)

Tim, you are (or at least, were) completely clueless. Good thing that Daz could put some sense into you, as you seem too proud to accept that you were wrong from anyone short of a moderator. But hey, way to sugarcoat the circumstances.

I wasn’t even comparing you to Hitler, but I was saying that the policy you advocate would allow madmen like him into power. Why? Without firearms, what can the people do to the Government? Petition them? Say that to the .50 BMG bullet headed toward you.

Everything I said before served to reinforce my point. Not a syllable of it was stupid, nor inapplicable.

Besides, if the Government can force you to buckle up, and you agree with their position to do so, then why don’t you agree with the Second Amendment’s authority?

I may believe in Freedom (gasp), I may actually support our Nation’s Second Amendment (woah, that’s… following the law!), and I may be easy prey (so you think) to your monikers of anarchist… But I am not stupid, nor an anarchist. I want our Nation to get back on track, and banning guns will not help. Your labels have the stopping power of a BB gun on an Abrams tank.

Sorry for what harshness and truth are in my words, but a person cannot be expected to take a slandering and shake hands with the one responsible.

…god i hope that isn’t responded with in flame…hides under favorite hiding chair

Your arguments were completely irrelevant. Dazzy’s weren’t. It not that he’s a moderator, it’s that he’s far more skilled at debate and discussion than you.

…no. Guns don’t stop tyrants. It’s never happened in the hitory of the US. (unless you count the wars, but those have nothing to do with privately owned guns) In any case: That’s not what you said. What you said is that Hitler was against guns, thus comparing me to Hitler.

I disagree.

As I’ve said, we’re not talking about the way governments are, we’re talking about how they should be. In this case, both luckily coincide.

Yes, I was wrong, banning guns will not help.

Right back at ya <_<

Hey, where do you think the guns for the Revolution came from? Did the British just lend us a few Brown Bess’s?

Oh, thanks for proving my point about you not accepting that you were wrong. I mean, “ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID” sure is eloquent speech.

You might as well (admit that you) understand (and understood) what I’m saying. I mean, what are you doing but shooting yourself in the foot?

I’m not saying that Hitler was even against guns. Heck, every German in the Wermacht at least had a K98 or a P08 (luger). What he did was disarm those who needed them most. I am NOT comparing you to Hitler, I am just trying to inform you of what gun control portends.

Your reasoning about the Second Amendment is a mere play on words. I could’ve seen through that when I was five.

My whole point about guns is this: Anyone can have one, but felons shouldn’t. People have the responsibility to use their firearms… well… responsibly (like the Jews did). If someone is irresponsible (like the SS), then take their guns away. But, hey, don’t take mine. Think about it- the Constitution SAID that felons couldn’t have firearms. No further law required. Don’t try to just take guns, the equalizers, away completely. The criminals can still get them… by being what they are- shady, back-handed, criminals. However, the honest citizen couldn’t in that situation. Is that your ideal world?

I didn’t think I’d have to walk you through my own simple English.

No not really. I think I’ll go under my hiding table before MetroidSlayer takes out his gun and Timaster hus knife…

Well… what if someone started to kill people after he/she/it bought some guns?
Guns are made to kill, so why not kill something after you buy one?

If you buy a car, then you drive it. If you buy a TV, then you will watch some movies, if you buy a gun, then you will shoot something.

:confused:

Though I’m pretty sure that the colonies did distribute guns, and organize something reminiscent of an army, even if they didn’t, I’m wrong, but that’s completely irrelevant to modern times. It’s the age where information and words can do far more damage to people and governments than guns.

What. Are. You. Talking. About.

Er, I don’t understand or agree with what you’re saying. Guns aren’t necessary, I’ve already said this. If you took away guns, it wouldn’t hurt much, or help much. What I agree with is that guns are POINTLESS, either for criminals, or against them, just like toys. You can have them if you like, but they don’t serve a purpose. I already said this.

Shut up. Now. If you’re going to insult me like that, and then deny doing it, when it’s RIGHT THERE on the previous page, then I don’t think there’s any hope for your apologies, and you should stop before I really blow my top.

There is no pun in “We are not taking the US Constitution for granted in this topic.” The only reason I can imagine that you could see through something that doesn’t exist when you were 5 and now, is that you imagined it being there when you were 5, and your intelligence didn’t increase over the years.

Um, you can’t take guns away from felons… As you just said. That Constitutional law does nothing. That was the whole reason I agreed with Daz. Felons WILL have guns. That’s a given. As for the second part, in which you contradicted yourself, that’s the part I already agree with Daz on. The difference is, you’re making it sound like guns are the single best defense against crime, while I believe that guns help little, but they hurt little as well, so they balance out. You may as well keep them.

Summary: I think there’s no reason to take away guns, or to keep them, and you think the world would fall apart if we took them away. That’s a pretty significant clah of opinion. Oh, thanks for proving my point about me not accepting that you were right.

…alright, how about this

we take away guns= bad people still get them= were fucked!
we dont take away guns=bad people still get them=were fucked!

guns kill animals= good or bad, based on opinion
guns kill people= what kind of people?

as i said, guns are a tool, and we do not have the ability to take them away, nor the capacity for humanity to grow into peace, so we=screwed

lets stop posting other’s quotes please, that is not really needed, the majority of us have stated our own opinion, which is what this forum is meant for, however, trying to prove another’s wrong, is a totally different thing!

how about we just state our opinions if not stated already, and go ahead and go on with life, and leave this at a quiet resolve?

hides under hiding chair…finds old chip on the ground…munches

I think I’ll remain neutral…

Actually, I really don’t think he meant to insult you. He was comparing Hitler to politicians, and saying what would most likely happen if guns were taken away from the public. It doesn’t really look like he intended to compare you to Hitler.

As for where I stand, I agree with Daz and Timaster. I’m against guns, because I find them a stupid thing to have. Same with all weapons (excluding useful tools like knives, because their good uses outweigh the bad, which, yes, is an opinion, but I’m assuming most people will agree with around where the line should be drawn). They’re only meant for killing, and last time I checked, killing people gets you nowhere. The only reason the public, police, etc. them is so they can defend themselves from criminals. (well, also hunting, but most people just hunt as a game) Guns to defend from more guns. So if we could magically take away all guns from the world, wipe everything about guns from every person’s brain, and destroy everything else about guns in the world, we would be safe until somebody reinvents the gun… …Like we could ever do that. All we can do is take away guns from the public, which, as stated here many times before, would simply lead to disaster.