Halo

Actually, Halo was a book. So technically it started ‘dev’ way before that. Then it was made a game, then a book again. xD

Um… No…?

The first Halo book was The Fall of Reach, which was released in 2001, when the game was in development. The author didn’t come up with it, Bungie did. They’ve been working on the game way before 2001, otherwise it would’ve taken only like 2 monthes to develop. :unamused:

I’m going to have togo home and break out my copy of The Art of Halo. It has a timeline of bungie, which has the start of dev on Monkey Nuts, aka, Halo. It started as an RTS, then became a 3rd person shooter, then an FPS.

They aren’t hateful fanboys. They just say that it isn’t good. And to be honest, I probably wouldn’t buy it if I had the money to. Seriously, WWII has been so overused, its not funny.

No, that typo was CoD4. Thanks for showin that to me. :facepalm:

Originally it had no multilayer. It got scrapped, but 2 of the team members continued working on it, and Bungie let it slide.

YEAH! L4D DLC!

I’m with you, CMC.

@Mag, buy CoD:WaW just for Nazi Zombies. Funnest thing you’ll have with WWII ever.

Zurg’s right. Also, Zurg, are you referring to Ringworld? Cause that is a good book, btw. Halo seemed to have taken quite a few ideas from it. Not that that’s a bad thing. Personally, I think it’s a good thing. Ringworld is a great book. Everyone should read that thing.

@Syntax: Thank god I’m not the only one who knew what Nacht Der Untoten meant. Good job, man.

I know what it is because I used to be fluent in German how do you know what it means?

German Class in High School. I’m considering taking it at the community college after I graduate, though. Maybe even live in Germany for a while after High School.

ah, makes sense, i only know it because it used to be the only language I spoke, 6 years without using a language tends to fog the memory on how it works, don’t stop practicing :smiley:

When I said bad coding, I meant in the graphics department. It doesn’t efficiantly use your processor and all that. Look at H1 and H2 on the OXbox. H1 lagged in teh graphics, H2 had BETTER graphics, and ran more smoothly. Also I hate CoD 4- God knows what, because people who played more have better guns and better perks, so you basically loose. Thats what sucks. I only win against MG42’s with a MP40 because they just camped to get to a higher level. Newhbz. Halo takes skill, because everyone starts with the same weapon EVERY TIME. Changes depending on your playlist sure, but its almost always the Assault Rifle. You have to pick up the good guns. Not start with them. Thats another thing. You cant pick up guns in CoD. You can pick up the guns of dead people, but they’re not around the map. Phail.

Halo 1 on the xbox had great graphics for its time, and they ran very smoothly. Halo 2, on the other hand, did not.

Production of Halo started in early 1998, according to The Art of Halo, which was made with the help of Bungie. It was never cancelled; where did you hear that?

Sure H1 had good graphics, but it lagged on large explosion counts, lacked online multiplayer, and… oh wait. Thats it. And I never said anything about that.

Oh, I see what you’re saying. You mean the game’s framerate goes down with lots of explosions. Yes, that it is true. Also happens when you melee a dead body 50 billion times, when there’s a huge puddle of blood underneath them…
:>_>: What?

Not the game, the multiplayer.

nuff said

…Damn it…

I so lost.

YES I DIDN’T LOOSE! SOMEONE MENTIONED IT WITHIN 30 MIN!!! WOOOHOO. Yeah. Halo for PC (or mac) is awesome online.

you lose if you think about it, therefore YOU LOSE

30 minute grace period after remembering it. During this time, you can remember it without losing. But you don’t win. You never win.

And…I just lost again. It is just now been 31 minutes since I last remembered it…damn.

we need a new page, or we’re going to keep loosing every time we look at this thread. XDDD

?

ooooh ok, i was thinking he said he didnt lose because someone else mentioned it so that made him NOT lose
he just didnt lose AGAIN
ok
well

THE GAME!
(i lose)