HELP NEEDED!

I made some tiles and random decor, I also made a title symbol, but I don’t know how to post pictures! :angry: Trust me you will like my work, I just can’t post it! (or don’t know how) Plz help me! :wink:

Go to www.imageshack.us and post there. If you want to post animated images, register.

After uploading the image, it should give you a bunch of links to the image…one of them is a thumbnail for forums that will put the image directly in your post.

Or you could just email’em to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, Mason decided that the background tiles were 12x12, I believe. Y’know, floors and walls, not the big background.

I made the symbol,tiles,Well…some, and some random decor. You might need to save the pisture and zoom in, but I like them! Iwill email them because I don’t know how to work imageshack. :angry: :angry: :angry:

J8k, dammit, why don’t you try READING the text on imageshack instead of spamming every thread with “omg how do i post pics”? It has an entire line devoted to “post this image on a message board”!

This is the symbol I made.

Thanks, but we already have a logo.

What we need are background tiles. 12x12, 32 colours max.

Your Game looks good so far. And for tiles, I am
playing around with them so i might be able to help there.
This is not garentied though so dont get to exited.

Here are some tiles I made. I also have some random decor. I did all the things on your list. Look at it!
you might want to save it and zoom in.

I think those are over 12x12. If you shrink them they should look even etter.

Those are FAR too large, and way under-detailed. What I mean when I say tiles, look at the other Metroid games. On the ground, the individual boxes that make up the whole floor, those are tiles. That’s what I need.

I made them that big so you could see them.

These are better.
You’ll have to look at it by clicking on it to see the text and tiles better. :slight_smile:
Oops! double post!

Hm…more colours than that would be nice. And the ruins colours, not good. Ruins aren’t grey, they’re brownish. :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, just add more colours and stuff, and spruce’em up a tad, and they might be usable. :slight_smile:

These are more colourful and detailed,check 'em out!

“More colourful” and “more detailed” don’t mean “put a bunch of dots on’em”, it means use custom colours, not the horrendous standard colours, and add more details, like cracks and stuff. Come back when you’ve got better. :slight_smile:

I put cracks in the bricks and I used some custom colors. :imp:

And it got screwed up saving it as a gif!

Aw, darn. I hate how MSP has no idea how to save a proper .gif. Once you get them fixed up, post away.

Thanks for your help, by the way. I don’t know if it’ll be usable, but it’s nice to know someone cares.

P.S. Who was it that offered to attempt the Pirates? I need to know so I can decide what to sprite next.

EDIT: I’ve decided to give background spriting a try. Turns out, it’s not as hard as I had thought.

This is an arrangement of what I whipped together in ten minutes:

(the sky isn’t made of tiles, I just put it there so the image wouldn’t look dumb)

EDIT again: This time, I added a prototype for water-deprived grass.

EDIT again(again): Hah. I think this is the last time. Enlarged the whole thing and made it sort of a miniature screenshot.

These are improved tiles and random decor. I used more custom colours and detail. :smiley:

Oh no…imageshack shut down. I can’t post them. I will have to email them.

Email away.

Btw, what do you think of mine?

It said “this page cannot be displayed” I didn’t see them. Also user posted images are down. :cry: I’ll try harder with the tiles.