HELP NEEDED!

WOW!I never knew u can make something like that from that kind of tileset…

I made mine by hand.(well…mouse. lol) :laughing:

ok…never tried to make a tileset.lol

k did u use paint???

Not sure if I made it clear, but I made that picture with a tileset I made, not the ones j8kmunky made.

And please take the chatting to private messages so you don’t clutter up the topic.
Oh, you could just click that link a tiny bit below this post that says “IRC Chatroom”.

…and I have a little hint for tile-makers. Always check how well your tiles fit together.

These are better and have some random decor. I know the stump sucks but I tried…(hardley)

Here’s a nice, lengthy list of what you could do better and what I’d need!

1. Make them 12x12 pixels.
  2. Shade them and use nice colors.
  3. Download IrfanView and paste in there to save as a GIF with a correct palette.
  4. Make them look as realistic as possible without going over 31 colors.
  5. Try to make it so that they look well alone, stacked, side-by-side, or any other way one can arrange them.
  6. Tiles needed: Downward slope (45 degrees), straight (fills up ENTIRE block), upward slope (45 degrees), empty (can be used as gas floating in air, or can just be blank altogether).

Now, some notes that you probably don’t need:

1. Up to 15 different images per tileset.
  2. 16 tilesets.
  3. Backgrounds are comprised of the same 12x12 tile repeated.
  4. There will be a layer 2 (between the background and the sprites), whose number of uses I will try to keep to a minimum since it will be large.
  5. Up to 16 different backgrounds per tileset, 16 different layer 2’s per tileset.