Mah Sprahts and Other Notable Works

Quohted Fore Trooth.

He doesn’t like you.

“I don’t like you either.”

+1 to whoever names that quote!

A new hope. What’s his face to Luke. “He doesn’t like you.” “Well I’m sorry to hear that.” “I don’t like you either.”

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Seriously Pom that was probably the easiest ‘name that quote’ thing ever.

agreed… :frowning:

Player ships for the game I’m making in my insultingly easy computer science class.

EDIT:

More colorful versions to contrast the dark background.

EDIT 2:

Wasn’t enough contrast, added some and decided to play around with hue shift for the first time ever.

REAL IS BROWN!!!

I don’t have anything witty to say about these ones, so I’ll just say that they look kinda cartoonish.

Because contrast apparently makes everything better.

Stop pillow-shading. it makes things look retarded. seriously. they look like shit.

okay maybe they don’t look that bad but they do look cartoony because you’re pillow-shading.

But they look so soft!

No, THIS is pillow shading-

Shmups usually always have the light source coming from the camera. Camera positioned light source does not necessarily equal pillow shading. If the light source is at the camera AND the shading follows the sprites outline, that’s pillow shading.

I digress; they still don’t look the best.

Not bad.
I’m one of those gamers that can spend a fortune on arcade machines when they contain that magic called SHMUP’s.
But I don’t like it when they’re 100% top down.

Anyway, this is how I would’ve done it:

You’re getting better and better. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

Oh, you have no idea.

I mean, just look at things like this-

Or this-

Or even this-

It amazes me how much I’ve improved in these last couple of years. Just look back at the beginning of this topic, that stuff was shit. And most of my improvement from studying your stuff and all your edits of my stuff. Although I did accidentally pick up a personal style a month or two ago.

It would be fun if you made something in your own style for this old challange. :slight_smile:

32x32 tools for Minecraft. Done more for practice than for the game, but feel free to use it if you want

they look good. good use of dithering.

We still need to do the texture pack. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have minecraft >:(