Metroid Firefox Theme (Alpha Ready)

I repeat:
what

Well, if you’re a smart firefox user (kidding), then you know that you can add a “add new tab” button to your taskbar, thus giving the google search bar new power…besides, I’ve always liked the google search bar…it is an essential for any internet junkie.

Yeah, I love my bar…

It’s a handy tool, yes, I just wish it could instantly open a new tab–say you’re looking at a page and want to google/wiki a term or something on that page, without losing the page. Then yuo have to right-click and choose new tab, wait for it to open, then go to the google/wiki toolbar and enter it. It’s actually less work to simply middle-click on a Google bookmark-toolbar icon.

I’m not saying it should default to new tabbing, as it has its applications as-is as well, but it should at least be an -option-.

<_<
I’m the only one who uses ctrl+t?

Whoops, I forgot that wording was everything. I mean the Navigation Toolbar. If you customize it, an “Open New Tab” icon appears, which just opens a blank tab. Then you can google your heart out on it…of course, I never use it. I just middle click and then enter from the new page I entered.

Whatever, you are right, Daz. Instantly opening a new tab would be a nice feature, like if you pushed shift+enter at the same time after typing in your search results (or something along those lines…I suppose tab+enter could work as well).

Or you could crtl+t - F6 - type?

Uh…yeah, that’s a lot easier…man…PY knows everything :wink:

Or like, ctrl+t+enter.

Are you seriously complaining about having to press ctrl+t+enter instead of just ctrl+enter?

The only issue, I guess, is that you have to type the query after you hit ctrl+t, since a new tab always defaults to the address bar.

Uh…I’ve never been one for hotkey shortcuts, and thus, I didn’t know about the hotkey shortcut until PY brought it up…sorry for the confusion.

“I’ve never been one for hotkey shortcuts”
“Instantly opening a new tab would be a nice feature, like if you pushed shift+enter at the same time after typing in your search results (or something along those lines…I suppose tab+enter could work as well).”

I use teh shortcuts too :3

I’m still working on things, hopefully I release by the end of the month.

Shortcuts were my religion, before I installed one of those mouse gesture things.
Right-click and flick up FTW.

I feel stupid…I meant that if there wasn’t one already. A mere suggestion if one didn’t already exist. And apparently, one does, so that idea of having a hotkey shortcut was thought of, and thus, my entire little “speech” was pointless.

XD
<_>

Yeah, that’s about right. :laughing:

Hooray for postretroself realisation!

scroll-clicking most links in FF opens in a new tab, this includes the google toolbar thing, but i don’t want to move my mouse up there >____>

Oh, if you scrollclick the magnifying glass thing?

I never click to search, I just hit enter.

Yeah, I tend to hold right, start moving my mouse up, release right (opening a new tab) and then landing in the google search-o-box.
It’s one, fluid movement now. Is that weird?