Metroid: Other M

http://www.edge-online.com/news/metroid-other-m-revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuRKxrh3XM

Oh…

You beat me by two minutes. <_< >_>

Merge

A new Metroid was shown at the end of Nintendo’s press conference, and it’s being developed by Team Ninja. If you missed it, the trailer is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_8qkC2KUQ

It seems to be largely plot-centric a la Fusion, but still looks pretty amazing atm. It’s probably too early to make any major judgments, but I’m actually pretty optimistic. This could even be the next big Metroid game. Lots of stuff going on (and I’m finding new things every time I watch the trailer). It’s in third person, ZSS is no longer a Barbie doll (yay!), Adam, Mother Brain (?), and Speed Booster are back, as is what looks to be one of the metroid evolutions from MII…

I’m pretty sure it has to take place before Metroid 1 because Adam is there (in person), but how exactly does that work with the metroids and all? Also, the part at 1:20 in the trailer looks like a 3d version of the Baby Metroid’s death scene from Super; A SM remake is at least one possibility. So maybe all the Adam stuff is in flashbacks?

RPG much?

Also, it looks like it’s set before fusion, aka ‘Adam’ as mentioned in fusion.

Edit:
Fan art looks a bit like this… I wonder if they took some inspiration…

Edit2:
Mofat (6 minutes ago)
OMG OMG OMG OMG O MG OMG OMG OMG FANGASM<

LOL?

I don’t know were this is set, but I’m getting it. I wonder what else is in it?

i still think is AFTER fusion, and this girl is not samus… samus never had short hair like this… and the scientist… it’s resembles Samus to me…

i think this is a new Generation of Metroid Games…

That equals no. First, Samus could have cut her hair. Second, Adam only called Samus, “Lady” The scientist does look like her, but who knows? Nobody else has that power suit though. Explain that.

Btw, looks awesome. cant wait. And those graphics aren’t final. There’re going to be better. I love how there’s more acrobatics. Very cool.

All that said, i don’t want this to be the new direction of all Metroid games in the future. I hope it is just an experiment. 2D Metroid is needed, Super Metroid re-make on the DS? However the 2D action in Other M (is this the final name) does look amazing it will be for Wii right.

:smiley:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. RIDLEY. SAMUS TALKED (wtf). WIERD GRAPHICS. BUT ACCEPTABLE AND PROBABLY NOT FINAL. SIDE-SCROLL. THIRD PERSON. FIRST PERSON. ICE BEAM. MELEE ATTACKS. GRABBING RIDLEY BY THE TAIL SPINNING HIM AND THROWING HIM. HEADLOCK THEN SHOT TO THE FACE. EPIC PWN. Boo for name that doesn’t make much sense.

It wasn’t Ridley that she threw by the tail. It was some kind of bug with Ridley wings.

“The Other M” could be Malkovich or Mochtroid or Melissa (some random name we don’t know about yet) or whatever! :stuck_out_tongue: Is thinking of Angseth.

>_>

M Other.

Also, “THE GALAXY MAY BE INVADED BY THE OTHER METROID.”

It could be either of those.

Beyond that, FUCK YES SAMUS SUPLEXING A CHAMELEON. Game of the year just for that.

Anyway, it can’t be pre-ZM, because she has the big shoulders. But she did have short hair in the manga, and Adam is still alive, so maybe it takes place in at least two time periods–pre-M1 and post. She had long hair in the Zero Suit after all.

dazuro wins, no contest xD

Hmm… good insight. My money is on this. After all, Metroid: Other Metroid doesn’t exactly work. :laughing:

New theory! Remember Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles? I suspect this might be similar–jumping around to different points in the 'Troid timeline. That would allow us to have Adam, Super-era Mother Brain, Phazon, etc all at once, as well as introducing new stuff. That would also allow for integration of so many gameplay types–maybe the first-person bits are Phazon-related, etc. Think Kirby Superstar–a bunch of games each with their own storyline, but slightly different gameplay, and all linking up in the end. It could work.

maybe o.o

Or maybe since its team ninja it’ll be a full 3d game with the option of first person control

Either way, I can’t wait. I don’t know why people keep saying “OMG THS DOESNT LOOK METROID” on the video comments–we can’t TELL yet. All we’ve seen is the stuff that’d look impressive in a trailer. Showing exploration and backtracking wouldn’t make the average person want to play it, after all. >_> All we can see is that it’s pretty, has some awesome environments, has a lot of classic Metroid enemies, and brings back the Speedbooster in 3D. Booyah!

Seriously, this looks to potentially be one of the best. Assuming it plays as well as I’m hoping, the physical combat and upgrades we’ve seen so far, coupled with the enemy designs (which I value higher than most people do in games), make me want to weep with joy. >_>

i
NEEEEEED
it

i dun wanna wait till 2010 DDDD=

im so impatient X.X

Speaking of which, Daz… you haven’t yet given your thoughts on the space pirate design. I’m surprised.

i am almost sure that the game is full 3D, more like ninja gaiden, think like devil may cry gunplay and arcia of chaos legion…

and if the short hair girl is samus, how did she have long hair in zero suit form?

anyway, i love the short haired girl, hope it really samus, cuz i liked her like this better, y’know, more military-looking

and Daz won with the chameleon suplex…

Well, they’re blurry as hell. I can barely tell what it looks like by pausing, no matter what resolution of the video I see. I can find screencaps of just about everything else. But the Ki Hunters look great ,and I’m glad the pirates are using a more classic style despite being rendered in 3D.