Metroid: Other M

SSBB.
Edit: Old reply is old, got distracted >=[

Forgot about that one…I’m just used to the DVD5 version.

Well, good news for the auto aim detractors. It’s not nearly as bad as it sounds, I’m being minorly inconvenienced by geemers because she actually DOES need to be facing pretty much toward the enemy now. >_>

How do you have the game already?!?

Reviewing it for the paper.

Also, Samus doesn’t seem to actually talk at all. She just monologues to herself like in Super and Fusion. Hurray?

And then gives people awkward thumbs ups/downs?

Um… sure? I guess? Not seeing what’s so awkward about it.

Except in Fusion she DID talk to Adam, so I really don’t see what the big deal of giving her anything but monologues and soliloquies would be >_>

Samus always talks to herself in the 2D games.

Ex:
Zero Mission
Super Metroid
Fusion

and near the end of fusion she had an actual conversation with Adam.

Item dots show where upgrades are, just like in Super. But it’s still hella hard to find them sometimes, thankfully. Speaking of hard, fuck sidehoppers and their ridiculous health and shockwave attacks.

Only been able to pull off one finisher so far, kind of awkward IMO.

Some doors get locked off for story reasons a’la Echoes and Fusion, but apparently that’s only for the beginning of the game.

Concentration isn’t nearly as broken as you’d think, it takes freaking forever to charge up. Definitely glad I dodge-whored instead of trying to heal or those hoppers would have finished me off for sure.

Save stations are kind of a bitch to use. It’s not very clear where on them you have to stand to activate them.

That’s about all I have to say for now.

How far along would you say you were?

A few hours in, largely because I’ve been stuck in one room for over an hour now. >_> Dunno exactly. Fought one boss and two minibosses… have bombs, missiles and… I think that’s it. One expansion and one etank.

So not that far.

IGN only gave it 8.5 overall :S

Could be worse. G4 gave it a 2/5.

And 80 on Metacritic, which is generally pretty good.
I don’t usually give much of a shit what game reviewers give games. It’s disappointed me on so many games that I went to pick up anyway and absolutely loved, then gotten me excited for games that, when I get around to them, seem to suck.

Edit: With a 70 from the in-house metacritic review.

wow tim, those trolls over at xplay rating a good game low?

shock and awe

also hating Japanese story telling again

shocker

Examples?

Why bother when I can just point to the entire JRPG genre and say pretty much all of the good ones >_>

WTF? It’ll be interesting to see what Daz gives it?

Game Trailers have done a nine minute video review! check it out! :slight_smile: