Metroid: Other M

But with more accessibility comes more $$, don’t you know anything about business?

Man, this game really turns me off. >.< I really effin hate these damn controls. First time I’ve been this disappointed with a Metroid game.

Emulate it. I use a 360 controller. :smiley:

True. It’s been so long though I honestly forgot how. x.x

What the hell is wrong with them? Their entire point is to be as easy to use as possible O_o

Yes. There are so many times where the decision to buy a game comes down to “how easily can I slip into the controls?”
I think the only time that’s an issue is with, like, space/flight sims on PCs.

…or fighting games.

You may say that cloud but remember that the average human being is an idiot, corporations know this and as such treat the consumer like…well…an idiot.

And if by simplifying a games control scheme they can get the Wii’s new audience into the ‘hardcore’ games that’s a sound business move.

first thing they teach you in programming class

“the user is an idiot”

That was the first thing I learned in my second programming class. My first programming class always assumed correct input.

I guess what I was trying to say is that the control scheme only really effects word-of-mouth “advertising,” and there are alternatives to simply dumbing the control scheme down.

Sure but that’s the most cost effective method.

Well they need to pull out the boot from their ass and be more about the quality of the game and not the quantity. As I always say, quality before quantity. : /

Especially in the case of sperm. :stuck_out_tongue:

good sperm is hard to come by, always remember Sturgeons Law: 90% of everything is crap, so if 90 percent of humans are crap then 100% of their sperm is crap, and 90% of the non-crap humans sperm is crap.

…There was an analogy to the games industry somewhere in there.

So I played through Other M a few weeks ago.

If it was stripped of everything but the gameplay, it would be a good videogame. Not outstanding, but perhaps worth renting once just to rock out during certain boss fights. It’s odd that there are so many random Game Design 101 mistakes thrown in that pull the quality down, but in the end it’s just some normal everyday entertainment. I still think that tossing the Metroidvania formula out the window and calling it a “Metroid” game is a bad idea, but I don’t have any control over that.

Outside of the gameplay… gee, I don’t remember. Was there anything? Guess not.

http://moonbase.rydia.net/mental/blog/gami…nt/article.html

… Well. That certainly puts an interesting spin on things.

Frankly I think that everyone’s reading WAY to deep into this, and deciding that the game says shit that it really, really doesn’t.

This guy summed up my opinions on the whole thing.

Guys, I’m pretty sure I just found Baby Ridley IRL.

LOL thats funny. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm the pic must have been save or taking in .jpg since its fuzzy.

This one didn’t age quite so well…