Metroid Prime 1 and 2 gets Wii Makeover

You’re kidding, right? That’s not even remotely the same thing.

EH? I Found the fast reply button >.> anyway Daz is right, That “Classic Zelda Series” port and this are two totally different things, Nintendo was trying to re-popularize their older games and re released many of them in their close to original states, only changing specific things such as control layouts and possible API changes due to the ARM processor of the gameboy. This is taking already popular games and making improvements (hopefully) to them, they have the ability to add little extras if they want to. Also the Classic ports were licensed out to Capcom i believe and Nintendo had them on a tight leash, while Retro OWNS the technology that all of the 3d Metroids are built on (The engine not the system don’t get me wrong) so they have a BIT more wiggle room with this although they still have to please Nintendo and most importantly us, the End User.

Nintendo called it “a port with Wii-specific controls.”
Basically like they did with the NES.

You’re all wrong, because no one has any idea what the hell they have in mind.
Good day.

Huh? How am i wrong? All I said was that Retro CAN add extras never said they will! <.< meh, not that big a deal.

You’re wrong because you suck and are smelly :smiley:

Really? sniffs armpit OMFG Dies

They have no reason to add new stuff in the game. If they did the games maybe cost a lot more. So be happy what u going to get OKs.

Anyway, this will be fun :smiley: :smiley:>

On metroid database home page or Youtube you can see Metroid Prime for the Wii. Only Japan gets the updated version first :imp: . I think this game may come out sometime during Spring or Summer I hope for North America.

The controls look sweet, they have similiar thing in Corruption{Spoilers}
Spring Ball is back
Scan visors has change
able to switch beam I think with the + or - button
same goes for the visors.

We had this discussion in a different topic… And it’s out in Japan already. Videos should be all over the place. Graphics ARE improved, and it wasn’t done by retro.

Most of the graphical differences fall in these categories:
1)Were added in later game cube versions (this is most of them)
2)Are better because the system is more powerful (AA and stuff you run on old games)
3)Were added due to necessity(wide screen, new menu)

Yeah, but shiny is shiny, and the new Samus looks SHINY!!! Once it comes out we’ll see. Also I bought prime 1 like 6 times.

finally i can seem less obsessed with Zelda the i really am

i have 3 copies of OOT
and 2 of MM
<_<
>_>

now with 2 copies of Prime 1 and 2
i can just look like a…

nevermind

So did the old Samus. >_>
Comparison:
Old/new

Imo, not much different.

Zurg, your always too picky so shut up. >_>

—2 THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE PRIME 2 REMAKE AMAZING—

-NOT take out the multiplayer cuz that would be so effing fun
-take away the ammo system
I rest my case
EDIT they should add more things to multiplayer, such as some REAL maps. Like Torvus, Chozo Ruins, Magmoor Caverns, Impact Crater, Dark Aether with some safe zones. Also make the music random, but keep it all as battle themes, different boss battles, etc. Hell, maybe even add in different weapons like Plasma Beam, Ice Missile, Wave Beam, Nova Beam, Ice Beam. But things should overlap. Like if you get Dark Beam, you lose your Power Beam and thats all you have. Yes it would take a while longer to make, but hell yeah would it be worth the time. If nintendo reads this, please consider doing so, you’d please so many fans and make a lot more money.

i liked the ammo thing

but hell yeah multiplayer
i loved pwning my friends

and while were on the subject…add Wi-Fi

it’d be too much of a pain >.<
btw I just realized if they do all that the singe player would basicly be pointless xD
well…you could unlock stuff depending on how far you are in any of the games. and I just thought of a few more things…
boss battles from other games (fighting to Meta-Ridley ftw) and in an Impact Crater stage random Phazon pools could appear :astonished:

Prime 1 WAS supposed to have multiplayer, but they had to cut it because of time. Maybe it’ll be included now??? Hope the fast missile trick is still there. Y,A,Y,A,Y,A,Y,A…

Edit 1: Also, to the graphics issue. It looks more smooth, like more polygons were added, and there appears to be more AA. Maybe 4x?

yayayaya combo is still in prime 1
and theres no mutiplayer in prime 1 :cry: