Shadows is not dead, just inactive at the moment.
My brother and I are trying (and failing) to make a game. I’m working on the sprites and a little programming and all help is appreciated.
During Super Metroid, while the Pirates had the metroid hatchling, they cloned it and took its clones to a planet to start breeding them. They put them in highly pressurized chambers with a temperature of over 1000 degrees F to see if they could survive deep inside the mantle of the planet. After breeding them long enough, they transported them down and sealed off everything under the crust. Just when the project was reaching its end, the Pirates got a message about their Zebesian base being destroyed. They evacuated the planet and left the metroids to breed themselves until they could be safe from Samus.
The Galactic Federation traces the message to the planet and sends Samus to investigate and hopefully drive the Pirates off the planet. Surprisingly to her, the Pirates are gone.
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
It’s hard to read so you don’t accidentally see anything, but I bet everyone will read it anyway–
After finding none of the pirstes anywhere on the planet, she goes back up to her ship to leave. When she gets there, it’s gone too. She searches for the ship and discovers the Metroid breeding project. Even if she found the ship, Samus would have no choice but to destroy the Metroids and anything else the Pirates would use against the Federation.
(Not really a “team”, but everyone who’s helping)
Me(Phlake Jr.)-- Director/Lead Spriter (not saying I’m better, just that I’m leading it)
Candy Man Criminal-- Spriter
Saber Mage-- Lead Programmer
Infinity’s End and Betatronic for their ever so helpful Metroid edits
After landing in the base.
The farthest I’ve gotten on the tileset.
The Varia and Gravity sheets. Others are done too.
The metroid (it’s animated but not yet a GIF)
The beams (animated but still in progress)
Some of the sprites are finished, like all of Samus’ movements, metroids, a few other enimies, about half of the tiles for the base, surface, and caves. What we have left is these:
red= needed for demo
THERE IS NO DEADLINE
(Excluding my tragic death)
1. Alpha-Omega metroids–Edits by Infinity’s End and Betatronic
2. Random Zebesian/SR388-ian enemies
3. Medium sized red floating thing w/ one big eye
4. Large sized red floating thing w/ one big eye–CMC
5. BOSS: Huge red floating thing with one big eye-In progress by CMC
6. BOSS: Giant robot
7. BOSS: Lava golem-In progress by Zurg
8. Small enemy that uses two scimitar like claws to pull itself across a ceiling,
then drops down like a skree–CMC
9. Spiky four-legged thing
10. Mutaded Dessgeega
11. BOSS: Giant mutated Dessgeega
12. Lots of types of Space Pirates–Rips
13. anything else you can think of
1. Pirate base landing area
2. Random Pirate base stuff
3. Sky and mountains–Edited rip
4. Rocky cave–Edited rip
5. Lava filled cave
6. Fiery death place with lava and fire
7. Sand dunes
8. Ocean surface
9. Deep ocean floor
10. Ocean caves
11. Metroid breeding area
12. Ginormous sphere of liquid metal surrounded by lava
13. Melting rocky cave
14. Save/Map/Recharge rooms
15. Volcano innerds
1. Tiles to go with backgrounds
2. Breeding pods
4. Lots of crates.
5. Destroyed metal things
8. Cooled lava
1. Bomb powerup
2. Beam powerups (can’t be the little Chozo things, there are no Chozo here)
3. Energy tanks–Edits
4. Spider ball powerup–Edits
5. All other powerups from Super Metroid except missile, super missile(including expansions for both), charge beam–Edits
6. Spinning “S” symbol on the circle for the suit powerups
1. Pirate ships
2. Bomb slots
3. Debris (rock and metal)
4. Anything else you can think of
Q: What program are you using for the engine?
A: Game Maker.
Q:When will a demo be ready?
A: When Saber’s engine is done
Q: What can I do to help?
A: Almost anything.
Q: Will the project die?
A: Not unless my hard drive gets wiped and we have to start completly over.