Metroid X v1.3e Alpha Build Test

Thats why it was intentional, its also in Zero Mission. Not sure if its in Fusion though.

Fusion doesn’t even have a double-jump. When you’re hit by a bomb, all other bombs do absolutely nothing to you until you touch the ground again. They did a really nice job of making Fusion un-sequence-break-able. :sweat:

Bleh … I prefer to leave this stuff in so that the more inclined people can abuse it until they find something really cool and go OMG WTF! Secrets are fun.

Played P2D … heh almost as many bugs as my demo XD :stuck_out_tongue:. Joking aside, some awesome work there … on a level of its own.

Progress Report: I just put the Death Sequence in.

Update! v1.3a! - See first post for info/download.

Sorry for double post :angry:, needed a bump.

Let me know what you guys think of it … etc.

Please post 1.3 info…
You cannot get hit while you are ducking (found that in 1.2b)
BTW If you don’t use the bombs to go through the secret maze thing where do you happen to go next?

? Sorry? 1.3 Info is on my first post including the link to download it.
What exactly are you asking? If you dont use the bombs to go through the Ball Bomb maze then you can access the rest of the levels by a hole in the ground in the to-be boss area.
Still havent touched the Crouch. If I complete it, it will be in my features list.

Item locations incase you cant find everything:

• Morph Ball - 4th Room, jump on the platforms dodging the rippers to get.

• Morph Ball Bomb - 2nd Room in the small area only accessable with Morph Ball

• Run Boost - 3rd Room, requires Morph Ball/Morph Ball Bomb togain access, can run boost or shine/spark out.

• Space Jump - 5th Room (after jumping across the gap in 3rd room), just below the entrance.

• Gravity Boots - 7th Room (Right from the Morph Ball maze or down from the Boss Room), upper left corner, roll into a Morph Ball and Bomb Jump up.

• Screw Attack - 9th Room (past the Wall Jump Madness Room), shoot/bomb your way to the bottom of the room, the Screw Attack is waiting for you at the bottom. Assuming you got the Space Jump, you can just fly straight up through the Breakable Blocks after getting Screw Attack.

• 1st Energy Tank - 5th Room, very bottom, accessible by Morph Ball/Bomb.

• 2nd Energy Tank - 6th Room (Morph Ball Maze), accessible by either Ball Bomb through the maze or Speed Boosting/Shine Sparking from the next Room.

• 3rd Energy Tank - 6th Room (Morph Ball Maze), accessible by either Speed Boosting to the very last square before the previous Energy Tank and Shine Spark upwards OR by Screw Attack.

• 4th Energy Tank - 7th Room (Right from the Morph Ball maze or down from the Boss Room), in the upper right corner, accessible by Gravity Boots, Space Jump, or Unlimited Bomb Jump.

Yea you know that room that has a gazillion destructable blocks? Did you know that it lagged so bad I couldn’t play it? Can you scratch the idea?

Interesting, I had the same problem at first but I was able to fix it so it ran flawlessly … on my computer at least. I guess if it still has problems on other computers I will scratch it after all.

Can you test this for me:

Does it lag as you enter the room doing nothing but moving? Or only when Runboosting/ShineSparking?

I’m currently remoddelling the movement physics trying to fix the usual problems of slamming yourself through a wall so you get stuck. I beleive I’ve been successfull but I need to further test it. Since 1.3a’s room 9 was a dud I might release it a bit earlier, since you werent able to get the Screw Attack no doubt.

Pity… screw attacking all those blocks was awesome.

It lags when I enter the room doing nothing but moving. The response time between the button press and the action was horrible. More than a couple of seconds.

Thanks, ill re-release tomorrow fixing that room and you can test out the new movement physics for me.

Out of curiosity, what are your system specs and do you get any even “slight” lag in any other rooms?

Slight lag? WTF? If you get a little lag in a room without 100000000 tiles you need to chuck that comp out the window and get a new one. I have a GeForce FX 5200 video card and run with 2.1 Megahertz and a Ram of 511. I get a frame rate of about 30 in Counter-Strike and CZ, but somehow I get 40 FPS in CS: Source. Around 40 FPS in UT2k4. The frame rate info is just showing you that I don’t have something slowing down my comp so don’t tell me to stfu.

WHAT THE HELL?

Where did I tell you to stfu??

I was asking if you were getting lag in any OTHER rooms. Jesus christ, I dont get ANY lag on my computer with this game I was wondering why YOU were!

Holy crap man you really need to lighten up, I dont know where or how you read me being offensive. Are you high by any chance?

My Super Nintendo have a CPU with 3.58Mhz.

O sorry 2.1Giga Hertz

Updated (see first post for info/download at bottom of page)

I remoddelled the last Screw Attack Test room, it SHOULD run better.

Press F9 to change music (some new tracks, including silence)
Press C to select weapon.

To clarify a few things here, Game Maker’s object system slows down a lot of computers dramatically when there are many objects. The amount of objects this takes varies from computer to computer–Some slow down after only 10, others take hundreds. What’s worse is it seems not to be connected any way to computer power. It’s completely random. I get a little bit of slowdown in the Screw Attack room, enough to annoy me. I love solid framerates.

Edit:
Why is it that when I get the Space Jump before Speed Boost and go along that way, I come back and suddenly have Speed Boost, without ever collecting it?
Also, I no longer get any slowdown in the Screw Attack room.

Are you sure its not linked to computer power?

I have my:

Athlon 3800+ x2 Dual Core
1 gb Ram
GeForce 7800GT Graphics Card

It was able to play the old Screw Attack room flawlessly and can even Power Bomb in the new one without lagging.

My test machine is our TV-Box which has the specs stated in my first post.

It can run fine except Power Bomb in the Screw Attack room produces major lag and it does drop framerate when Screw Attacking a “little” some times but barely noticable. The old Screw Attack room was unplayable on this machine.

On the Forums over at Metroid Headquarters I’ve had one person say the entire game unplayable (from room 2 onwards) with a P3 447 Mhz computer. And others with 2.1 Ghz computer are reporting everything ok with the new build (1.3b).

This seems to be a pattern that is linked to the power of the computer to me. But I dunno, do you have a link to an official post or something where this was reported?

Oh well, if it turns out you’re right then thats very very annoying. Regardless I’m still going to make sure it runs fine on my test machine before releasing from now on.

Edit:

Ahh … I messed up one of the variables from ages ago in all the items and I thought I had fixed all of them … aparently I missed a few. Thanks for the heads up, will fix now. However if you havent yet noticed, if you get the Screw Attack without the Space Jump, you will be given Space Jump as well … thats as intended, but I might change it later.

Edit 2: As far as I can tell I DID fix them all, are you playing 1.3b or 1.3a?, 1.3b should have it fixed … but if you’re still on 1.3a then its understandable you would be automatically getting run boost when u pickup space jump/screw attack.

Oh, right. plays newest version <__<;;

Also, I don’t have any real proof of the object problems, but I know that there are a lot of weird things. Game Maker 5 objects run perfectly fine on my old Windows ME without any slowdown, but on my Windows XP, there can only be maybe 10 objects on the screen at once. The opposite goes for Game Maker 6, but I’ve heard that some people with newer computers have the same problem I do with GM5 on their XP’s, only for GM6. So it could be connected to computer power, but it really doesn’t seem like it.

Edit: Don’t really worry about this too much. Just don’t go overboard like what you originally did with the SA room and you’ll be fine. I’ve had to play the Metroid Legends series at about .25 to 2 fps (yes, I was listening to music and doing other stuff so that I could at least make it through every hour-long jump without going insane), and I doubt it’ll get that bad for people playing this game.

I guess time will tell, hopefully if anyone has any problems with the new version they will post their specs so I can compare.

Update! - Version 1.3c - See first post for details.

Download the Latest Version:

FileUpYours - Metroid X v1.3c

Let me know when you’ve found all the tanks. Also if you encounter any bugs and you want to report them please post how you came across it. A simple “I got stuck in a wall” doesnt help me much.