OS "Discussion"

Is that that Lognhorn thing or was that a coename for Vista?

Longhorn was Vista, according to Wikipedia.

This is just Windows 7 for now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

I’m a sometimes Mac user, works great for me. Less glitches than XP (alas, my copy is so unstable it continues to amaze both me and everyone around me), the mouse track for me is set up to be the EXACT same as my XP, which I’m pretty sure is the standard sensitivity setting (is your mouse screwed up, Zurg?), the buttons click right, even though I have no clue what you mean… mouse clicks, keyboard clicks? If by that you mean the keyboards are super quiet (in my experience… aside from the space bar) or the mouse clicks very easily… seriously, I find myself accidentally clicking the mouse because I’m not used to it and I have two fingers on it, which is enough weight to accidentally click if you barely press down… I dunno, but I suppose that IS the exact opposite of most equipment I’ve used on a windows computer. Generally noisy keyboards, and mouses with buttons that have gone bad far too easily and become impossible to press, even though new ones are decentish.
And what the feck. My computer is maybe 3-4 or more years old, enough to be a G4 Cube, and it has… let’s see… 4 USB ports, and two more on the keyboard. What? How do you only have three? Even after mouse and keyboard are plugged in, that still makes 4 extras. I also have 2 firewire… although that’s random and no one cares. Aside from the fact that I still desperately need to get firewire on my XP.

PY, elaborate on the “doesn’t have software to support itself” argument. Aside from the ridiculously stripped-down new version of I-Movie that I’ve heard people complain about (something about a pro edition having all of the good features, and the stripped-down one is now pretty much on par with Windows Movie Maker), I’m not sure I understand where you’re coming from…?

I mean that windows has a vast, VAST arsenal of software, but were I using a mac, I’d feel cramped.
For example, I regularly check lifehacker, and often check out their featured downloads. THere are a lot more for windows than there are for mac :frowning:

(Though I do like some of the looks. I have my nice little objectdock at the bottom of my screen, being awesomeer than a taskbar :smiley:)

I set my mouse to having a right click, but if I right click, unless at the absolute edge of the mouse, it right clicks instead. The side buttons randomly decide if they are going to work or not. The mouse randomly sends itself to a corner.

almost sounds like you have a buggy mouse or something… I’ve never actually used the multi-button mac mouses, like the super mouse or whatever, but the tech employees at school love them. But… I dunno.

PY, that’s sorta true at first… but if you look around, you can find stuff. By which I mean, if you look around, you can find sites dedicated completely to mac software. There’s a lot more than you think out there <_<

I don’t think it’s a bug, my friend’s mouse is the exact same.

What version is it?

I know the old macs were utter crap, the new ones aren’t awful.
@Cloud, yeah, there is still stuff out there, but a lot of stuff is missing from it’s roster.

I mean, if I were forced to live in OS X, the only things I’d miss would be miranda-im, and visual studio, both of which I could replace.

Wait a sec.

“I set my mouse to having a right click, but if I right click, unless at the absolute edge of the mouse, it right clicks instead.”

… You set it to right click, and if you right click it right clicks? What exactly is the problem? >_>

think he meant to say it left clicked when he meant to right click.

But which time? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have absolutely no idea.
Apparently, his keyboard is a silly, too.
<_<

I think it right clicks instead of left, unless he’s on the right edge of the mouse.

Left clicks instead of right clicks, unless i click the farthest right edge possible, because the top of the mouse is one piece.

It is a MIGHTY MOUSE.
It does what it wants, when it wants, and doesn’t take nothing from nobody!

It’s already using the on screen keyboard to pirate things, soon it’ll be orchestrating terrorist attacks, and launching missiles.
You must not let the mouse see this message, or it will know we are on to it. Be brave, you have to stop the mouse.

Well…
Smash
Not anymore it won’t.

One thing for mac:
I like the keyboard.

Can you nick it for your PC?

???

(Keyboard+mac)-mac=keyboard.
PC+keyboard= ?

oh…yeah I could, but my family would be pissed.