Okay, so I’m kinda amazed this works and is great news for Pixeltroid because it basically guarantees an Android port.
A year or so ago, I got UNDERTALE running on my phone by following this guide. Turns out Gamemaker Studio’s format for holding its game files (data.win) is in the same format on Android, the only difference being the name (game.droid).
I wanted to build Pixeltroid for Android, but that’s $400 for a license I’m not willing to dump. Then I thought back to that guide and wondered if I could just use the same methods, but with my game files. “This won’t work,” I thought, “YoYo must have done something so this isn’t possible in GMS2. After all, if this works, I don’t even need to buy the Android export.”
It worked. I didn’t even have to fiddle with it, it just worked off the bat.
I used an old build because it was the first compiled version of Pixeltroid I could find, which is why it’s in 4:3 and the gfx are outdated.
While not a top priority, this means I’ll do an Android port eventually.