Pomegranate's "Arts"

I thought they were opening and closing their shells my whole life. <_>

2d movement can confuse anyone if it has movement, I thought that the morph ball was just hovering on the ground when I played zero mission.

Well, it kind of is. I don’t believe it’d be physically possible to roll in place like that if it was actually settled on the ground.

new texture added to the topmost pose (you can see the difference, i assume?)

most of the stuff was added to the lower pincers, but if you look closer, you can notice some red on his head. reference image has also been added for convenience. i might revamp the color pallete soon if it’ll look better with colors from the ref.

It would look much better with colors from the ref. Nice work though! The outline isn’t exacty accurate <_<. Try to fix that if you can. It would make it look a whole lot better. And, also, try to add more contrast between the light and dark areas, the highlights. Makes it rounder without making it look pillow shaded. And, what is the green goop at the bottom? XD. Is it the collision of the bat?

everyone’s been asking that… i dunno what i was thinking when i made the goop at the bottom, i thought it would look good as a dying animation (although highly inaccurate)

it’ll be replaced with a better one soon.

Funny, I was actually thinking that it could be possible if the morphball was encased in a sort of transparent orb. Like plastic or something. Until I got Prime, that’s how I always though of it. The morphball itself keeps rolling inside *to maintain charge or something8, and some inside the morphball moves it.

Yeah, I’d just say that the bat needs more contrast. The dark shades arent dark enough. I’d just darken the darkest shade, then even the rest out.

first attempt at cloth. cant say it was really what i was going for, but, hey, i like it nonetheless =3

undead warlock WIPness

the little shading there is isn’t final, and is only used for reference.

It looks pretty nice, a little work. The waist is waaaaaaay too far down on the sprite (though it’s a simple task to fix). Also, not to be a hypocrit, but the shoulders make it look really stiff.

lol sorry im not really good at making natural looking poses. anyway, does anybody know how to check tileset versatility? i have a hex tileset here with grass and dirt and i was wondering if all the transition tiles are done. square sets are really really easy for me to do, but hex is a little different and can be quite tricky. normal square tilesets have 12 transitional patterns, and my hex tileset has 12 ATM too. if there are any other combinations tell me please.

i have a little template for it on the top right, but im not exactly sure if it has all the transitions.

EDIT

I figured it out! Here’s a tutorial for it!

This will ensure you have the most versatile tileset possible.

AYEEAH!

now with proper transitional tiles, forest tile, sand tile, water tile, and mountain tile.

*Hairy Pomegranate lets out a hacking cough!

Hex tile sets? I’ve heard of them, but I’ve never seen them used. (Except in this one TurboGrafx game I got for the VC) I don’t get how they work, or how they’re supposed to be any better. Hell, I can only work with squares. They look pretty good, but I can’t say if they’ll blend well. (Since I don’t know how to use them =p)

Not a sprite, but a 3d model!

It’s a gibbet, and I wanted to conjour up the atmosphere of Diablo II with this one.

mesh

UVW map

Finished! (no animation yet)

created using GMAX**!

**GMAX is the freeware version of 3DSMAX!

yay…?

You might need to work on the model a bit more, especially on the guy. His face is… strange. Apart from that, the columns and everything remind me of Quake.

wow… i haven’t made any progress on the shriekbats since august, but here goes something. I made a version that will (i hope) fix the opening and closing, rather than spinning. i think it’ll look okay when it’s animated but i’m not sure.

C+C.

Well it appears as if the claws will look like they’re opening and closing, but without an animation, I can’t be sure, and I don’t have the time to make one myself.
Still, they look pretty good… I’m gonna say, I think (THINK) that the shading needs to have more contrast? I think those are the proper terms… if not: The darker green needs to be darker. (not the outline, though I think you know that)

Very nice on the Shriekbat.

Also your getting into modeling now. VERY NICE. <-Borat Style.