Powerups/Upgrades

Err… it’s not really done. At all. I’ve been having some technical difficulties at home, and I never really updated ya’ll on it, so…
They’re not done, and they may not be for a while.

is it ok if I make power bomb expansion? its been abandoned…

Hay so im new at this… and i dont know if its been made yet… but i made Arm Cannon Forms…

• Plazma Beam
  • Ice Beam
  • Wave Beam
  • When you switch from beam to beam

If you like them great…
but if you dont what ev…

About the explosion thing, In my metroid engine, I had some pretty sweet explosions for the bombs, Id post them but part of the explosion is programmed. It has a ring appear as the explosion appears. I thought it looked pretty sweet, you can find my engine here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/MP2D/index.php?..opic=1179&st=30

Ive just been informed that ive been added to the team so let me know if you like them.

those arent too bad, I dont know if there taken yet though (pretty sure they are)

K well then could anyone tell me were i could find an updated sprite sheet… so that i know whats been done…

That would be great thx… :smiley:

Ehh… gimme a sec.
EDIT:
Go nuts. They’re not quite done, and pretty bad. The one thing that should be 100% accurate and good is the color.

You are right about the color of the beams, but the Ice beam almost looks like a bowling ball and continue on making them and good job so far.

Not much…

But about the reticule, you should Add some lock-on feature on your fangame at least so no one has trouble hitting the enemies(especially those fast ones)

Uh, not only do we already have all of those (except lockon, which we don’t need), those are either completely unshaded or at best shaded horribly… >_>;

And have terrible lineart coupled with horrid innaccuracy.

Sorry, mate, but you’ll need better skills with paint than that. You’ve gotta know what kind of lines look good, and what kinda circles look good. The lines and circles you used don’t look good.

Any of them that I can still sprite?

=O

The explosion is almost definitely done, but maybe it needs more work on the bomb before it explodes…

Oh, this also symbolizes the revival of me from the “I can’t really do anything because my house is going crazy” period of my life.

10/10 on the bombs!

They still don’t look spherical enough D:

the operative word there is almost…

Hm?

What’s wrong with it?
The only problems I found are the shape of the explosion (which isn’t even noticable) and the color (which none of you would care about, since you haven’t the foggiest idea what color it is in MP). I’m fixing those right now, so if you could tell me anything else… I’d like to do that all at the same time.
EDIT: Now I think of it, those lines I added still need a bit of work… was that what you meant?

The little lines that appear over the top and bottom bug me a lot… fine to have them, but they’re too squiggly and random.

Yarr. Okay, so: lines, and sphereyness.

Here’s a re-color/re-shape of the explosion. I’m too lazy to make a gif, so you just get the sprite sheet.

OLD->NEW

Looking at the sheet, the bits of electricity that fly out as it explodes look kinda like little Paint’d “POOF” lines. I think it’d be cool if they last a few frames longer longer, are more random, and spread/fade out more with the circle. Or they could like, explode out a bit and then get “sucked” back in, too.

Edit: Uh, yeah, that’s what Daz said, I think. >_>;

Since I’m anal about accuracy, I can’t do some of that T_T
Rather, I could, but it wouldn’t be accurate. IIRC, in the game, the lines end before the rest of the explosion. I could probably make it more random without burdening my conscience, though. And, I definitely can’t make them get sucked back in… cause that’d be way off, and it’d look weird with the first sucking in, then the explosion, and then sucking in of a part of the explosion to the hole in the middle of the explosion. If that made any sense to you, then you’ll understand why it’s weird, and if it didn’t, that’s also a good reason why it’s weird.
Anyway, enough comments on the lines. I know what I’ll be doing with those =D