Powerups/Upgrades

the only suggestion i have right now is that you shouldnt switch colors of the bomb between 1 frame. do it between a series of frames, or it’ll look kind of bad… other then that, keep up the great work.

1000 posts! :smiley:>

That’s how it does it in the game, or else I wouldn’t do it…
I’ll think about it, but it’ll definitely not be more than 2 frames.

lol bombos >_>

Anyway, I need help from… someone. I can’t figure out how to shade the pre-explosion bombs. They look flat and boring, but you can’t just shade them like normal spheres, cause they’re supposed to emit light from within themselves, not reflect light.
So, someone can attempt that. If I don’t have anyone who wants to do that by tomorrow, there’s one last thing I’ll try…

PS The marking period is over, I can work freely yet again. I hate last weeks of… anything grade-related. >_<

The center is lightest, going darker and darker.

I’ve tried that, and it doesn’t really work… I forget why.

cus it looks pillowy maybe? it would be really haard to make something lighter in the middle and darker on the edges without being pillowed…

Yeah, that’s probably it. Anyway, if I sneak out to the computer tonight, I’ll try my new idea. I probably will, since I have some homework to finish up, and the idea won’t take that long to do, anyway (hopefully). Maybe if it looks too photoshopped (I know I’ll get a few "O WAO HAO CUD YOO YOOZ FOTOSCHOPP!!!"s from this…) I’ll just re-sprite it using my creation as a ref.

Hm.

i dont even see whats wrong with the first one…picky people…never the less. they are all great.

=D

Oh, and, I’ll do the lines sometime soon. I haven’t forgotten… nope, I totally remembered, just decided not to do it.
<_<
Yeah, that’s right.
>_>

Hey guys, I’m new here! I saw something about health tank animation problems (having it “wave” instead of spin) so I made my own (no wave yet, but that’s easy enough to do with the rotate option in Photoshop, so I’ll make that next)

Anyway, if you look closely, the metal bands are visible through the centre, going around the other side. :smiley: Yay for detail.

This is my first attempt at actual spriting and animation, so please bear with me :neutral_face:
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5617/healthspinyo5.gif

Edit: ImageReady made the animation jerky in looping… just imagine it going smoothly, please :stuck_out_tongue: And here’s the sprite sheet. http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5667/healthtankspinqs8.png

Editedit: Okay, looks like I’ll need to use the skew effect in Paint in order to get it anti-anti-alaised ( :confused: ), but seeing as how it looks better that way anyway… here’s a (slightly wierd) floating animation, complete with purple smoke! :slight_smile:

You dont want the sprite to be antialiased that much though. Some editing could do the trick, but It’ll appear blurry onscreen.

YOU DREW THAT?!?!?
O_O…
HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE?

Erm… 20 minutes. You mean you… like it?

Edit:

@ Redhalberd: I know you can’t use that animation for anything, because it doesn’t have transparancies. I just wanted to show you what it might look like in the game (If it’s used, that is, not assuming anything here… :stuck_out_tongue: ) I’ll try making one that isn’t anti-aliased… see, Photoshop doesn’t have any rotate options concerning blurring, so I’ll have to manually rotate them in Paint. (One editing nightmare? Coming right up!)

Not necessarily an editing nightmare. You could simply recolor the antialiased pieces all to a default color. It’d only take about 15 minutes.
But I should also mention that the animation is a little shaky.

Also, you should post this on the SCU forum is you havent already.

That’s a really good idea! It would fix the anti-aliasing problem, without sacrificing Photoshop’s rotation abilities. Yeah, there is a point in the animation where it’s motion is jerky. I’m gonna fix it. (i.e. redo it completely)

SCU forums? I’ll see if I can find where to put it…

Er, I have no idea why I haven’t posted this before… because it took me about 5 minutes to put together from what I already made like 2 months ago… but that’s final, I think.

EDIT:

I’ve had an unvalidated account on the forums for about half a year now. Am I supposed to do something to get the admin’s validation? I’m sure I’ve waited long enough… :frowning:

No, but that forum’s closing down in 16 days anyway >_>

and by the way, yes, there was something to do to get the admin activation, but if youa re too lazy, for not using worse words, to follow the rather SIMPLE procedure, it’s YOUR FAULT.