Rather have...

Yay!!! I finally saved up 300 bucks!!! (canadian) revolution, here I come!!!

Who’s shiggy, and what money system? (canadian, american…)

Yeah, seriously, cuz maybe even though I saved up 300$ canadian I won’t have enough if you mean 300$ american.

well, going by July’s transfer rate, if it were 300 here, it’d be 400 for you. So if it is 300 here when it comes out, you better keep savin’… :confused:

No, the Revolution isn’t going to be above $250 American. That was already stated. My bet is 200 though, maybe less. The term affordable may mean that non-gamers will be able to buy it without saving up for weeks. If they put it on the market at $150, almost every non-super fanboy gamer will buy one. Maybe as a second console, but still. Innovation + Cheap Price + Downloadable games = Best seller. You have to be VERY biased to not consider getting one. :unamused:

'tis what I had heard. Thanks for reasuring.

Honestly… if you people are not secure enough in your own identity to play something you think is fun because you might be regarded as immature, then maybe you should go drink beer and jump off a cliff cause “all the cool kids are doing it”.

I play whatever I think is fun. I find Kirby games fun. Therefore, I play Kirby games. End of story.

I will play Pokemon Emerald all I wish. I will play Monkey Ball all I wish. I will play Kirby: Canvas Curse all I wish. I shall NOT, and I repeat NOT, let some stereotypical teen group deter me from having fun.

The day I let myself be changed by peer pressure is the day hell will freeze over. I will not smoke, I will not drink, I will not take drugs. Not because they “make you feel good”. Not because some teen says it’s fun. Not because all of the “cool” kids are doing it. NEVER.

Kirby games and drugs. An unlikely comparison. But throw almighty peer pressure into the mix and they have more in common than you’d think.

“All of the cool kids are doing it.” That sounds like something out of a cliched don’t-do-drugs story, doesn’t it? But the reality is, that line is getting spoken all the time.

Alright, it’s time to stage a reality check here, folks. To be “cool”, according to many, you must take drugs, drink, smoke, disobey rules, and rebel against any kind of authority. You must do everything against the rules. You must totally disregard your own life, future, social status, and health to fit in.

So I ask you…

Are you “cool” when you’re lying dead in an alley from drug overdose at 17?

Not bloody likely.

You’re not cool either if you shun something that you find fun just because a group of stereotypical jerks thinks it’s “gay”.

(Please note: I am not pointing fingers at anyone. The first sentence in this rant was meant for effect - I did not mean anyone on this forum in my reference to “You people”.)

Very well put. People in this world don’t honestly know what ‘cool’ actually is. -_-

is there something wrong with u?I mean whats with the drugs?How old r u anyway?

Z0mg 072’s [attempted] translation: Is there something wrong with you? I mean what’s with the drugs? How old are you anyway? <_<;;

How old are you? That made perfect sense. Nothing is wrong with him, he’s only just smarter than the average baboon. Many people are, get used to it.

1. How old I am is not any of your concern, nor is it relevant to the discussion. For all you know, I could be a super-intelligent six year old or a 93-year old grandfather of ten. It doesn’t change the fact that I wrote what I did.
  2. What exactly makes you imply that there’s something wrong with me? All I did was give an opinion.

Unless you’re one of those people who I talked about, who think “WTF OPINION SUX!!!11”
3. “What’s with the drugs?” What do you mean, what’s with the drugs? I have no drugs. Did not my impassioned speech mentioned that I would never posess nor do drugs? Oh wait, did you mean that “what’s with your TALKING about drugs?”
4. Do you actually think that I was somehow saying something against you? Or anyone else for that matter? In that case, you are sorely mistaken and in need of a good read of the little bracketed note I put at the bottom. Namely the fact that I was not pointing fingers at anyone.
5. If you want me to actually respect your opinion, you should probably master the English language.
6. Do you think that your opinion is universal? So far, almost every post I’ve seen you make points to the fact that you think your opinion is absolute.
7. My speech was a rant about peer pressure, in case you didn’t realize. Not about drugs. I was using drugs as an example because they’re the most prominent thing involved in peer pressure.
8. Lastly, Is there something wrong with you?

I think he’s just one of the people who CANT ACCEPT IT when they’ve been proven wrong.

A small drift from the current subject, but why hasn’t anyone chosen the 360 yet? :confused: I would have it second after the Revolution, the PS3 doesn’t really interest me at all. Of course, that’s my opinion, but you would think that someone would choose the 360. >_>

EDIT: Meh, I couldn’t help but to translate. =P

Yeah, I want the Revolution and the 360 together. They both have a ton of features that interest me.

Not saying that I even remotely want the Ps3, but doesnt the 360 have about the same capabilities as the Ps3, and more?

Btw, the only reason I like the 360 more than the Ps3, is because of Rare at the moment. >_>

Microsoft has better games IMO, including Halo 3 of course.

I’m not really into the “Excessive violence and crude content” like a Call of Duty kind of thing. I’m into the “fantasy, and irregularly fictional” titles, like Banjo, and Diddy, and Donkey Kong… You know.

Them titles that you just jump in your boots for. :E Not the ones where you’re always very… close minded about. The games where you always have to be serious, and never…happy?

Do you know how successful Rare was on the N64?

Yeah, although the only game I own of Rare is DK64. =P

Generally those types of games are what I like also, but shooters with violence can be very fun too, granted you don’t follow the serious additude you are supposed to. Hey, that guy owes me money! Shoots down >_>

Plus they help for getting frustration out, which is probably unhealthy. XD

EDIT: On the 64 anyway, I own other rare games.

EDIT2: Actually you should try to enjoy the games like you are 'posed to first, and then make jokes out of everything the second run through. Just like you do for movies. XD

What do you mean? You just said that you only had 1 rare game which was Donkey Kong 64?

I meant on the N64, but after I typed, it sounded like I was referring to all games, so I edited it.