Redhalberd's Shwag

Well I guess it does need more contrast, but I really dont want to use any more shades. I’ll just make the current ones more contrasting.

edit: How’s it looking? I know the feet more contrast though.

the coloring is good its just the shape appears funky

Please elaborate.

well his torso feels a little longer then it should and his back should be more curved over, he should be hunched over a little bit

Ah, I see.

I’m at school, so I can’t work on it now, but when I get home, I’ll give it a run.

you can get to this website from school? lucky, my school blocks everything out

My school doesnt block most forums. Only major gaming sites like IGN, and gamespot. All of invisionfree, Wikipedia, etc… is unblocked. You can get to sites like…Myspace through proxies. But yeah, my school has alot bigger things to worry about than kids foruming, alot bigger things.

I like it alot because it hasno outlines, however there are some anatomy problems and the highlight could be just a little bit more defined. Both feet look the same is one of the problems.

Funny, since I did the feet independently. Im pretty sure I’ve fixed the anatomy problems, Ill post it tommorow. (wii posting now)

But what do you mean by more defined highlight?

Make the bright areas brighter? (In other words, more contrast, like I’ve been saying. :stuck_out_tongue: )

old

new

How’s it looking. Still havent fixed the feet.

New Avatar under construction. Im restyling Albatross a bit.

In fact, I’m sorta trying a new style. The pallette isnt final, but I’m trying new things with shading. How does it look so far?

interesting to say the least.

i like what you did with the shading of the eyes.

I feel like the body needs more shades.

Can anyone else provide insight?

Two more. I could post an example, but I know that you hate it when I do that…

Well I’ll try first, but chances are I’ll need an example later.

edit:

Hows it look now?

That’s much better. :smiley:

Well I was waiting for some comments, but since they’ve yet to surface, I’m posting this.

Woot. How does it look? Do you think he needs to lean forward more? I haven’t really analyzed the way elites run much. Also, are his legs too long? They’re 3 segmented, so mabye it was bad to make them that much bigger, when I could have just modified them.

Well, you’re right, his legs are made of three segments, but they look nothing like that, and an elites run is way different than a humans, and yes, he needs to have more movement, to be more natural. Go play some Halo 2 multiplayer and observe an elite character run.

Well yeah, I know that, but I dont have halo 2, only halo 1, and I dont have imediate access to anyone with it. Of course, it wont look natural yet, because I was holding it by the head to see if the animation was smooth, but I think I should shrink the legs so I can AT LEAST segment the legs properly. I’ve never really had to do custom running in MZM style, so I dunno how well I can get it to work. I sense a failed project coming on.

Anyhow.

I’m actually really proud of this so far. I’ve never done something so big with so many shades. I dont think it looks too bad (consistancy on the shading based on shoulder angles). CC.

edit:

Big update.

Somehow some of it feels pillowshaded. Some of the flaps, but I couldn’t find a better way to shade them. : (

Comment.