Religion, Science... Beliefs ok?!

also everyone here MUST watch Religulous
i need to finish it, i got like 1/3 of the way through it when my brother turned it off xD

(he couldnt hear it and that annoyed him)

That is a lulz. Also, if your into religious movies and stuff, Check out Expelled. Pretty awesome.

Don’t be getting stupid.
This is quickly turning into mindless insults of other religions.

Nobody knows what sparked what to make us exist.
Nobody knows why God suddenly woke up one morning and made everything with a universe tinker toy set.
Nobody knows why all-of-a-sudden shit went boom and we’re here.
Move on.

Religulous is an ain’t religion movie xD
this one part
he’s at a trucker church
and he’s asking a bunch of questions
and making ALOT of sense
this one guy
he says " i dont like what youre doing here"
and leaves

classic religious action
can keep your defense against on onslaught of facts and questions
ignore it and run away! xD

CMC, you should invest in punctuation and sell your linebreak stock. Thanks.

punctuation is not how i roll
linebreaking is
cuz its how i talk
a run on broken up sentence
xD

I…

whaaa? <_<
What part of my last post was arguing beliefs? I was saying that Christianity and Science aren’t at freakin’ odds with each other, they aren’t enemies or anything like that. Unless you think that evolution is a belief and that I was somehow arguing about it @_@
Not to mention you JUST SAID discussion was a good thing.

And… no one says it happened at random… Nothing randomly combusts (always a reason somewhere), and universes don’t randomly explode, and they especially don’t randomly explode INTO existence.

Edit: Also,

I wondered why Christians so adamantly oppose the big bang theory when “God” is the easiest answer to accept when someone asks the question “Why did gratuitous amounts of nothing explode and make a universe?”

CMC, any movie or documentary attempting to ask the question “Where is your God?” will always attack the conservative southerners. Why? Because southerners flaunt their religion but can’t uphold a decent argument when they need to. (AKA Easy Prey.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0&feature=related

Ashes, I don’t know what I am. >_>
All I truly know is I believe in God

that was just an example, he hits ALOT of places
that bit was just like… maybe 10 minutes
he goes to smart people too xD

also he visits a place for “reforming” gays

this one guy was gay, married a girl who was a lesbian
(though i think he still likes the dick)

it is both hilarious and makes some good points

a must see, IMO

“I’m afraid if he wins the black will take over… he’s not a christian!”

i lol’d

also i cant view youtube again =[
sadness

That’s what I meant when I said Chuck Norris is a dick. He’s one of those people.

Conversation over!??!

apparently xD

topic DIED

I completely missed this topic…dang…

Anyway, I like Cloud’s argument. I basically agree with that.

Although, my religious beliefs are slightly more skewed toward Atheism than yours, Cloud. I don’t necessarily believe in a higher power (a.k.a. God), although that’s not to say there isn’t one, in my eyes. If God were to come down from the heavens and say “Yeah, I’m real” and then go back up into the heavens, I would say “Well, that’s good enough for me!”
Anyway, I more or less believe that whatever you envision the afterlife being for you, that’s where you go. For instance, if you honestly believe you’re going to go to the picture of hell many of us hold (a fiery pit of death and despair, flames everywhere, etc.) then that’s where you’re gonna go. If you believe that you’re gonna go to a world where you are surrounded by all the video games ever made, and you got all the new ones when they came out, then that’s where you’re gonna go.

So that’s my basic religious belief. I believe that there may be a higher power, but I don’t believe in any single one until I have concrete proof of their existence (FYI, I haven’t seen any so far), and what you envision the afterlife being is what you end up with.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that youtube link. I can’t believe that there are people that still think like that. “He’s black, so he’s not good, and he can’t be good” is what I heard out of, like, half of those people interviewed. The rest, I basically heard, “He’s a terrorist!” or “I’m a crazy christian who can’t look past religious views, so I don’t like him.”

Those guys who supported Obama, I commend them for putting up with those people’s crap. People like those Palin supporters are why Humanity is perpetually stuck in past prejudice.

ive actually had zero evidence point in the direction of a divine power
all the shit in the world
and my personal life
and the lives of my VERY religious family
leads me to believe there is no god

also i would love to go to that video game place <_<

edit @ swan’s edit*

im surprise the hicks werent louder with the the “shes a women, she belongs in the kitchen, making babies and pie!”

I’ll see you there then, for sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

and to think you said you cant brain =D

i guess hes wrong then he CAN brain

also @ the youtube link, specifically the palin supporters

that is how much they fail

Heh, I used to have that picture. Never gets old.

I have my moments of total brainage…Wait…