Ripped Metroid Prime Models [56K WARNING!]

He’s got a point.

Yeah, I was just letting go of my imagination there. Our sprites look good already, its not necessary, even if we still use model references to improve accuracy. I honestly wasnt thinking every pose, but just to get perfectly proportioned starting sprites. But yeah, its sort of “cheating” and isnt needed.

… even if he did only do one pose, how are we supposed to make the rest of the sprites look anywhere near the same style as ripped models?

Pre-rendered sprites wouldn’t look good for this game, especially since, it’d look weird with awesome sprites and hand sprited bgs and tiles and…just no. But it’d be sweet as hell if you made all of the current sprites way more accurate and with better textures like that of Red’s aero trooper. That thing just looks awesome. so yeah anyways. I can get any pose you guys want once thats finished. It’ll be a lot of work, but if it works out, this game could get a huge upgrade in graphics. Which would brings tons more people to the project, and who knows, we just might get this game done. So, whatta ya guys think? Upgrade all the graphics a bit? I’d support the game a ton more if it had better graphics. And i’m sure most people would agree.

For now, I could get a shot of every part of the model so you can be accurate down to each piece of the sprite. Then, it would just need awesome animation. Which, I may be making my own metroid game using pre-rendered sprites. Which means I’d be making all the poses for each part of the animation. So, could use that. Anyways, any requests? It’s pretty fun finding models now that I found a new way to search.

BTW, the maker of the model viewer as some of you prob know already is Sarah Harp/Metroid Menace. But don’t bother asking for refs (since I can get them, why would you even do that?) or for his viewer, or for the cource ect. He doesn’t have time for dealing with people like that. Hence why he left p2d and emutalk. So yeah, don’t bother.

I support it, but we’d have to round up a couple old timers, or ask to edit their work. I think it might actually be better to just tone down the textures on my AT. I think it might be best to just stick to supermetroid style for now. It’ll snowball the work if we do too much.

Better sprites=better animations=more programming+better backgrounds= >_<’

But hell, im all for it.

Better sprites + better animations + more programming + better backgrounds + >_<’ == KICKASS GAME

Meh, true, but mabye we should worry mostly about the beggining of the game, and the demo. Getting it done first is prolly priority, not that Im against kickass quality.

Then lets up the quality in the demo. Get a good method going so that everything is consistent. Then release a great demo that will bring a ton of new blood. As well as much more support. Also, I thought of a great new way to show people resources from the game without them being able to steal them. I’ll have a beta ready in a few days, you’ll see. That way, all the good stuff can be worked on in the hidden board that I heard exists, and everyone will still be able to see them.

Do you have to be on the team or something to see the hidden board?

just glancing at it reveals a similarity to the scarab really looking at it elicits a o.O WTF?

Beta Glider. There’s concept art for it in the gallery, too.

If you can see something, it’s not safe from being stolen. Points at his S-Video Out, S-Video In, and recording utilities!

Heh? I have no idea what that was supposed to mean. Steal what?

It’s amazing what kind of crap they leave in the roms <.< It’s like they’re expecting their stuff to get hacked.

What do you mean by that? They just changed the designs of a few creatures after putting them in the games, so there’s two sets of models for them. Not too earthshattering.

alot of companies cut down on unused junk to save file size, unless of course all of that extra junk is what gave them their 1.4 gig mark.

Anything that can be viewed on a computer screen or TV screen can be snapshotted/recorded by my computer. Of course, I don’t have the only TV card in the world, so I’m sure if someone wanted to steal a resource, they could. Heck, I made a program that compares two images and removes all but the identical pixels…That could easily crop a sprite–in perfect condition–from two losslessly compressed (or uncompressed) screenshots. In other words, using a program like mine, someone could even steal the sprites right out of the game. (Of course, finding the sprite file in the EXE wouldn’t be much harder.) So, uh, all hopes for preventing sprite theft must remain on people’s respect for our project and their lack of resourcefulness.

Dead-lines can turn the most organized group of people disorganized.

Dark Samus’s hand from the ending cutscene:

Hey Dark, if I asked you to pull up a random model so that I can sprite whatever it is, would you?
It’s like Russian roulette but with pixels.

I just want a yellow user name.