Stupid things in metroid

In Fusion only the beginning had a plot. Other than that It was random X encounters that eventually lead to the destruction of the X.

i dunno, the plot seemed fine with me

Well after the beginning it was basically chasing down X-monsters and killing them and as a result conincedentally gaining powerups untill you became powerful enough to take down the SA-X. But then again the end had a plot also.

Okay I guess it did have a plot after all.

SA-X was hard if you didn’t go online and find out how to trick it to win easily.
Nightmare was a hard fight one way or the other.

Fusion had more plot than any previous Metroid game; that’s for sure.

i agree to that…
but the SA-X is the easiest thing since a tv remote… if you play it enough you figure it out

Yeah…fusion had no plot…Metroid1 had more of a plot than any other game…riiiiiiiiiight (/sarcasm).
Anyway, If you have something against Nightmare, and I hate him too, then you just HAVE to meet Boost Guardian…But I don’t see how Nightmare or Boost Guardian are stupid. Boosty’s one of my favorite bosses. Something REAL stupid is the conversion of Metroid into 3d with no assurance that the 2d games will be revived. The original Metroid team was in charge of the platformers, apparently…and zero mission and fusion were the last metroid games they made, I think, and then the Prime games are all made by Retro…I think. So really Retro only releases Prime games, and I personally like the 2d ones MUCH better. It’s a shame there’s no more 2d releases :frowning:

(Slightly Off topic)
[hr][/hr]

Err…
You have no proof that their aren’t going to be any more 2d games… :sweat:
[hr][/hr]
Just because ‘they’ have made the 3d (Prime) series, it doesn’t mean that ‘they’ will stop making the normal 2d series…
[hr][/hr]
The 2d Metroid Series has a pattern of release dates. [color=red]They’re normally released four years after the previous game.[/color] (Zero Mission not included…)! Fusion came out in 2002, and likely, the next of the 2d series will come out in 2006.

^^^

Metroid Dread maybe.

(I know its only a rumor)

metroid dread IS REAL nintendo confirmed it they just didn’t show it at e3

Are you sure?

I’d have to say that I liked most of MF, but why do the Space Pirates have the funny looking feathers on the backs of their heads?

:metroid:

No, it’s only a rumor. It has never been said to be official.

Actually it is pretty official. It is on the list of official games to be released by nintendo in the coming years, go check it out in the official nintendo mag or on the official site. My uncle works in the advertising department for nintendo u.s., and though he is nothing big or special, he told me its definatly on their confirmed list. Unless they cancled it, of course.

As for stupid things in Metroid games, lets try a space station (BSL) blowing up an entire planet. That is something that makes little sense and has always bothered me. I am not trying to question nintendos abillity to create scenarios, I am just saying … seriously. Not possible. BSL explosion doing major damage to the planet, yes. Destroying it completely, no.

And why was a random Ridley frozen on BSL anyways? I guess to study him. Same as the pirates. And I dont like how the only metroid you fight in Fusion is the Omega at the end. I wish they were running around the station killing X parasites and trying to kill you too! Heh.

Well, the B.S.L may verry well be able to destroy a planet it looked large, and was! Plus what is SR388 is small in comparison to earth? The impact would definetly destroy it then.

Oh, WOW there making another 2D metroid??? WOW ill buy it the first day for sure will it be on the DS or GBA or other? and when will it be release, sorry so many things roaming throgh my head!!!

It’s only a rumor. I’ve never seen anything on it at all.

Alright, because the topic is about things we hate most about Metroid, I will post what I hate the most:

( Some of these are questions ):

Why are the bosses always basically the same in all of the games?

I hate it how in SM when you are on ceres station, and wait for the time to run out, no matter where you are on the ship, you always make it out…

I hate the wall bouncing thing ( only on computer roms )…I can do it naturally in any of the 2d games, but just can’t do it on the roms…:smiley:

Ummm…

Why didn’t they ever make a Metroid Game for the N64?!

Ummm…

There are barely any Metroids in a lot of the Metroid games, but the Game is called “METROID”…why don’t they call them “SAMUS” or something like that…yeh, Metroid just sounds right tho…:smiley:

Because the story is mainly about Metroids more than anything else and thts what Samus is the hunter of “METROIDS”.

according to a couple of mates of mine their is a gaming upgrade you actually play in the power suit like a 3D game no controller all you ahve is the suit on your body and as you get hurt by a fall or an attack feel an electric jolt no more than what the body can handle.

(yet this is a rumour)

I doubt that rumor is real… but then again?
Things I hate in Metroid.
In MP2 almost all of the millions Luminoth got killed by the Ing and yet, you come along, find the beams they made, take the Light suit and kill all of the Ing. Doesn’t make sense.

the story is most of the luminoth were killed but a few remain like u-mos. and so samus reveives a distress beacon from a planet called aether and yata blaw she loses her upgrades more blahs finds luminoth blah blah blah kills emperor ing blah blah blah u-mos gets bored and commits suicide.( what else would a giant moth do with his life?) the end. lol

Isn’t it strange how all of the suits you find fit Samus? And all the beams you find work in her blaster? And all of the powerups work? And you can MORPH into a foot - in - diameter sphere?