The (Old) Rules

aww my avy is 48k…

is the limit the one MH posted on first post?

edit

oh well i’ll be changing it shortly…

edit

done… uploading now :slight_smile:

Can somebody update the rules? Cuz the last few events kinda throw lots of these out the window.

let’s

I think the rules should be rewritten entirely, preferably based on the invisionfree ToS combined with guidelines for a relaxed environment that the mods should follow. The rules need to balance keeping the member body in check, restricting the punitive power of moderators, and allowing for creativity in both.

giving mods absolute power is not a good idea as people tend to get power-drunk unless you’re frodo baggins

Even him, though! You saw what he did at the end of the third installment!! :astonished:

True Saber Mage. Also, people just tend to get drunk. That happens a lot too. You can be drunk on power, wine, beer, scotch, whiskey, gin, all sorts of things. Did I mention power?

Maybe it should take two Mods/Admins to ban/suspend, like the Goldeneye keys. They both have to agree on how the user violated the rules and wat a REASONABLE punishment would be, then do it.

I like Phlake’s idea.

Thus far, the staff has never disagreed on a ban; if that ever happens somehow, Daz will get the final say.

The staff has also never discussed a suspension/ban. When people talk things over and put thought into their decisions, things can change.

And no, Daz won’t get the final say. The rules will get the final say, and if the rules say a ban cannot be made if no two moderators agree, that’s what will happen.

thought you had a month suspension. Oh well, good to have you back. The rules should be the final say. Not a Mod’s opinion.

I haven’t been around long, but I would have to agree on rules above mods. It seems like there is an uprising to overthrow the P2D dictatorship. And Under the Ashes, why is there a picture for Candy Man Criminal in your signature? He does not seem to have gone anywhere.

“Bureaucracy”.

And although the admins don’t break the rules to set a good example, they technically are above them.

The whole world follows one easy rule.
Kick the dick.
It’s simple and everyone should be able to remember it.

Just don’t be a dick and you should be ok.

Does that mean that we get to kick 072? And to Fusiler, CMC said he wouldn’t be here much more. So I included him in there.

I’m pretty sure zurg’s avatar is breaking the size limit…

-______________-

:>_>:

I think all active members have >56k. I think all visitors (like what, 5 a year?) have >56k. Therefore, ICBA.

Sweet. I’m putting cool stuff in my sig then. Still size restrictions though?